Community post

Discussion

5 weeks 2 days pregnant spotting

Hi lady i dont get much answers on here so i will try it one more time, im right now 5 weeks and 2 days pregnant i have on and off spotting my doc said it is normal early stage to have some spottings but this is killing me im having spottings on and off now since going on one week just right now i found some little bit of a light brownish spotting when i wiped my self sorry TMI should i be worried about it? or will it go away i had a US 4 weeks 2 days pregnant she couldnt see nothing she only said my uterine lining is thick and my uterus is little bigger then normal for 4 weeks and 2 days, but other then that she couldnt find anything really besides she said there could be something she is seen but shes not sure now my question is how long did you ladys were spotting? Im so scared that this could be also a Ectopic pregnancy and it comes from there or maybe because i had C section 12 years ago im so confused

thanks for everyone who answers me and good luck

7 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 7 of 7 Replies

A friend of my is 13 weeks and she had spotting at 12 weeks her doctor said it was a small bleed in the placenta but it should go away on its own I wouldn't worry to much but if your unsure go see your doctor.

9 years ago

Thanks for your reply, my doc she said its normal to spott in early stage of pregnancy i think whats really killing me is right now that we couldnt see anything on the Scan when i was 4 weeks 2 days it was way to early, if i know the baby is in the uterus then i will feel better but i got this little crazy voice back of my head telling me it might be ectopic pregnancy

9 years ago • Post starter

When I was pregnant with my first I found out a few days after I was late. I went to the Dr around 4 weeks and he told me that they see a sac but nothing in it. My son is seven. I think it's to early to see your little bean. I haven't had spotting but have heard even up to 8 weeks is normal. Fingers crossed for you. I just found out Im pregnant with number two. And I went to the dr about 6 weeks and we saw a heart beat. You'll see one soon!!

User Image

9 years ago

hi there wishing you and those are always good news to hear yeah like i said 7 more to go time not going by fast ughh...yeah i heard and read bout it that some ladys do have spottings untill they are 3 or 4 months , i remember when i was pregnant whit my son about 8 weeks or 9 i had this havy bleeding but strong baby now he is almost 13 y/o

I had brownish discharge followed by cramping the week I learned I was pregnant. My Dr said it was due to the progesterone I was taking. I've had 3 hcg tests since and all doubled and looked very promising. if your spotting is not bright red, flowing and followed by severe cramps, then follow your dr's advice. it's very common during early pregnancy.

Dot

9 years ago

Everything is fine already went to my doc she said because the placenta is building up thats when i had little bit of a red and brownish spotting other then that everything is just fine im almost 8 weeks pregnant already hear the heart baby is doing great

I had brown spotting at 5weeks pregnant and everything was fine my daughter is now 2years 10 months old. Good .luck hope all goes well xx

User Image

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo