Community post

Discussion

I made it through IVF and I am afraid of needles!

Hi,
My name is Miranda and I am terrified of needles. When my husband and first started dating he had to rush me to the hospital. It took basically an entire team of nurses to hold me down just to get an IV in! I was completely mortified since we had only been dating a week. It wasn't fertility related and actually freaking out over the needle wasn't the worst part. When the ER doctor came in, he showed me an x-ray and basically told me I was full of crap..in front of my new boyfriend! Thankfully if didn't gross him out too much because now we are married! Anyway, I had my egg retrieval today! This is after 2-3 injections everyday for the past 11 days! I am SO happy it is all over but it really wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. The doctor retrieved 24 eggs and we will find out tomorrow how many fertilized! Fingers crossed (we opted out of ICSI).
Best of luck to everyone!

4 Replies • 7 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 4 of 4 Replies

We just heard from our nurse that 16 of the 24 eggs fertilized! My husband actually cried<3

7 years ago • Post starter

Next time you have to get stuck just cough the moment before the needle touches your skin. You won't register the needle pain and is a good distraction.

MMC 12/2000 D&C Molar pregnancy 12/2001 MMC 1/2015 D&C mosaic turners 3/16 Laparascopic cystectomy, Unilateral salpingo-oophorectomy 4/16 Femara no response 5/16, 6/16 Femara + gonal f + novarel or some combo =BFN 7/16 Gonal f only and trigger. IUI #1 8w no heart beat D&C triploidy

7 years ago

Keep my fingers crossed. I have also kept my fingers crossed for a close friend of mine who is cycling in In**victa clinic in Gdansk, but we all really worry as she can't overcome needle phobia

7 years ago

Great going! I hope it all works out for you! Keep us posted :)

7 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo