Community post

Discussion

Using a fetal dobbler

Hi! Does anyone know if using a Fetal dobbler in early pregnancy is safe? i am currently 4 weeks and 2 days and I've read that a dobbler usually won't pick up the heartbeat untill your at least 8 weeks so I was also wondering when people started trying to find it. If you were able to find it was it earlier than 8 weeks or after??

4 Replies • 7 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 4 of 4 Replies

I just wanted to add that im anxious to start using it so if you have any experience with using one please let me know!!

7 years ago • Post starter

Hi there,it may be more difficult to find the heartbeat before you turn 12 weeks,when your uterus will rise above your pubic bone,making it much easier.i doubt you will manage it before then Hun,and congratulations to you!

7 years ago

With my first (back in 2000), my OB found it loud and clear at 10wks (I didn't have a doppler back then). I found it on my daughter (2014) at 8w3d and this one at 7w5d (recorded it cuz I knew my ob wouldn't believe me). The heart is capable of making tones (lub dub) from about 35dpo. Whether or not u hear those tones depends on the quality of the doppler and probe, ur size, angle of the uterus and where baby is positioned in that uterus. So to answer ur questions, yes, it is perfectly safe, and yes, u can potentially find it at or slightly before 8wks. Don't stress if u don't tho.

Good luck and congrats! =))

7 years ago

I couldn't find the HB with my last pregnancy until I was just past 11 weeks with my home doppler. She was a wiggly little peanut and wasnt' always easy to find. (My doc often had problems finding her HB too). They are great devices to have a home, but they can also make you a little crazy if you can't find the HB right away. Happy and Healthy nine months :-)

User Image

7 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo