Community post

Discussion

Midwife/Doula & Home birthing

I am disappointed that I haven't found any posts yet on this site about midwives/doulas and at home birthing. I have already contacted a midwife for home birthing if I am pregnant. She charges $3,500 for all prenatal visits and the birth and all follow ups paid in installments over 9 months.

I'm a hippie and I absolutely do not want to have a baby in a hospital due to the current treatment of women in labor and the financial ridiculousness of it. The midwife I have contacted has delivered thousands of babies at home.

Women have been birthing at home with midwives for centuries and I feel much more comfortable with that option. I want to be in control of the birth, not a participant in the birth.

Is there any info on this forum regarding this? Please advise if there is. Thanks!

3 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Replies

:D I'm of your thinking too, earthwoman...all but the hippie part. lol I'm more of a farm chick and think that having babies is part of life and not an "emergency". That said though....

It is illegal in some states. Mine for example will not allow it and in fact, the prior midwives that were part of the underground in this state were prosecuted and taking a lot of heat the past few years, so even though it would be my ideal, it could be for that reason that you don't see as much about it posted online....

I sure wish it was different though. :(

9 years ago

that's terrible to outlaw it - I'm glad TN supports it. more people should fight for it. that tells you it is a greed thing for the medical industry. to outlaw home birthing which has been happening since the beginning of time. OMG! get over it already - it doesn't require you to be admitted to a hospital in most cases - obviously there are certain situations but I cannot believe it is outlawed.

I own a farm also. LOL!

9 years ago • Post starter

Well ladies, it's been fun in a way but AF has finally arrived and now I can get back to my normal life and quit worrying about being pregnant. I am getting ready for my Sunday morning coffee, some big bong rips and back to normal today. I am out of here! I wish all of you luck that are trying and hoping.

9 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo