Community post

Discussion

Really confused.

Okay, so I have had pretty much every pregnancy symptom under the sun the first couple weeks. Then, on 12 dpo, I had a sharp pain right below my belly button, then 15 minutes later, I started bleeding, not spotting, pretty heavily. This lasted for the day, and I thought I had either gotten my period early, or I had an early miscarriage. However, the next day, it slowed to a stop. This morning there was a tiny amount of brown discharge, and now there is nothing. The blood didn't look (or smell) like period blood, and I have never in my life had a period that lasted less than four days. I had slight cramps all night which made it hard to sleep. What is going on? I am so lost, here. What do you think?

4 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 4 of 4 Replies

It's possible it's implantation bleeding even at 12dpo and even if it's heavy. I had a chemical pregnancy/early miscarriage where the fertilized egg didn't implant. My hpts were all faint positives and I started bleeding a week after I was due for my period, maybe tmi but it was heavy and there was a lot of clear discharge mixed in the whole time and it went on for about 6 days. I have had a miscarriage to at 7-8 weeks which was very different and the bleeding lasted a week+, but I bled from week 5 with a Subchorionic hematoma (which may or may not affect the baby) but there were lots of liver like clots which at first I was sure was tissue loss from the pregnancy, that bleeding would be day on, day off.

Probably silly telling you not to panic or worry, I know what it's like and it can become all consuming. I'm 12 dpo too, Have you done any hpts yet? I think I will test tomorrow.

Good luck XOX

9 years ago

I tested 13 dpo, and it was negative, but that could have been compromised because it wasn't "in the stream" for five seconds. It was complicated. I have a weird firm bulge on the right side around and above my belly button. Which is weird. Also, I started bleeding again, but it's still not period blood. It's bright red and sometimes pink. Not as heavy as before though, and no tissue or clots or anything.

9 years ago • Post starter

hmm... Maybe give it a couple more days and test again. Do you have a 28 day cycle? Is there a chance your dates could be out? Have your doctors said anything about the lump?

9 years ago

YeahI , I have a 28 day cycle. I haven't gone to the doctor yet.

9 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo