Community post

Discussion

Anyone trying after a V-Reversal

DH had a reversal done last December, so we've been trying for 9 months now and still no bfp. He will not get a SA done as then we won't have anyone to blame specifically if it doesn't work. I have a 17 year old DD and a 20 year old DS that I raised from less than two years old. When DH realized that he had one of each sex, he didn't want any more children, though I wanted to have more. I let him get the V and shouldn't have. I know the odds are against us in that factor alone....

Then too, I have some facial hair,am overweight, and am estrogen dominant according to my bloodwork, though I have good levels of both e and progesterone, I am off in the correct ratio. That has left me being a boob pressing addict to try to analyze if this kinda sore means a good month, or a bad month, cuz I get sore boobs about a week out from AF every month.

THIS month I had the proper location for the soreness for not being E-dom, but the soreness didn't begin until CD 31...when I could begin to expect AF. Now here it is CD 35 and two BFN later, and boobs are still sore.

I'm officially late, even for me. My temps are high still so I'll make CD 36 at this rate. I'm assuming I just O'd late this month and now I'm trying to figure out if we even had sex at the right time to have a chance of showing a bfp in another couple of days. Sigh....

Part of me wants to have DH get a SA, but the other part of me knows how I feel when I get a BFN and think it would be a thousand times worse if he were to present issues. Can anyone else relate??

6 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 6 of 6 Replies

As expected, I made CD 36. In checking my temps again this morning, they are still 98.5 which leads me to believe I will see CD 37 tomorrow. I won't test again until then and I'll use my last expensive test at that time...maybe. I might use my last cheapo one and then save my expensive one for another few days out.

My boobs are less sore now. That usually happens a day or two before AF comes, but with those temps, I'm not sure this time. CP is still closed, firm, and sorta high. CM is standard for just before AF...increasing wetness with a tinge of ewcm. If AF doesn't show in two more days and temps stay elevated, I'm really not gonna know what to think! Those BFN are pretty persuasive after all, but the body is clearly "off"....

My mom, daughter, and husband are all doing temp comparisons and asking me morning and night how things are going. My daughter knows all the lingo and wants to know my cervical position, my boob tenderness, and more...lol . We ALL want this for us so bad, but reality says a BFN means "no."

9 years ago • Post starter

Ok...so plugging away at my own little journal entry I guess. I made cd37 as anticipated. Temps were high last night before bed (99.3) and I awoke to 98.4 which is good and high still for a bbt. It went down .1 degree and I was almost sad to see that little tiny dip, but I know it is still a good progesterone driven temp.

bb's are still sore too, which combined with my temps would mean AF shouldn't be here for an additional 24 hours. I'll make cd38 with no problem at this rate. This is starting to get crazy.

Now, the only question is whether to test again and get another bfn and be down about that for the next two days, OR let he hope ride with just the temping and checking cervical position, etc. Sigh....

It's crazy...I know lots of people are POS addicts, and while I DO pee on them, it is ONLY when I have real reason to think I should expect a bfp, not just when I'm hopeful (or else I'd pee on them every day from 10dpo, lol). Getting that - result is TERRIBLE when your body is giving all the right cues to say I should have due cause to hope. With my bb's sore and my temps high, AF IS coming...she can't hold out forever. OR I'm really pregnant and the tests just aren't showing it yet. This is madness!

I'm right in the statistical window for average success following a VR too....10 months post procedure, with the majority of VR's that take happening by one year. At least this month, DH FINALLY understands my frustration when my body is giving me all the hopeful signs but not rewarding me with a bfp. It is a cruel game, this being late thing...seeing a period begin is not that hard for me. Seeing cause to hope because AF decides to be a prankster is cruel....

Hi there,

I am 42yrs old...DH had a VR done a few years ago. His sperm count prior to the VR was really high, but our last test showed 100million total...with 30million "good ones"... In the approx 2yrs we have been TTC I have only had one BFP. I had a chemical pregnancy that lasted about a week 2 cycles ago. I think after a VR it is hard going...plus age doesn't help.

Hang in there! I hope we get our dream baby soon. I have older kids as well. 11,10 and twin 8yr olds. We went for 3 and got 4...now we would love a little one again-our last;0

Good luck and hope you get a BFP asap.

xx

9 years ago

Thank you for replying luckyrobin! :D So...a count of over 20 million "good ones" and still difficulty after the VR. Hmm...that puts getting a SA done into better perspective. Thank you. I can see that even getting relatively good news on that front might not really explain the delay in our success to have another child. I guess we just take for granted the ease of conception when we are younger and pre V.

I sure hope that you get your hope for one more baby...twins on the last go though!Wow! One more might end up being another double blessing. ;) At least with a chemical pregnancy, you KNOW that the VR worked... that has to be a comfort to some degree. While I do not wish the same plunged hope by getting a chem pregnancy myself, in some ways it would function like a sort of SA...that the V worked. But I'd rather not experience that even for that small comfort because then the "fear" might set in that I could miscarry if I ever saw another bfp....something I've never had to experience before is fear of losing a pregnancy and I think I'd rather just see insufferible BFN's than know that sadness and fear.

Again..thank you for responding...I truly hope you get your bfp and your joy is multiplied in your family with another child!

Well, and just like that...my temps are plunging. I saw a mad dash attempt for the progesterone to hang on today, raising my temp to 100.4 at one point. I went to lay down for the night and it was 99.4. Now, less than an hour later, my temp is 98 flat...it hasn't been that low in a week. I'll probably wake to temps for the bbt reading in the 97's at this rate which will signal my period to begin within 24 hours. Sigh...I guess I just O'd really late and during our camping week when we didn't even try cuz we thought we were way past O already. Wrong...lesson learned. Chart and never assume! :( I'll follow up with the "offical" word tomorrow as it unfolds...

As predicted, sigh...
I woke up to a bbt of 97.4, a full degree drop from my normal post O bbt's. That should be my signal for AF to start...unless by some MIRACLE it was the unicorn, pot of gold at the end of the rainbow, implantation dip. Yeah,...I know...but a girl doesn't have to face reality until AF actually shows, right? ;) I'll probably have confirmation of AF by morning. Until then...I have a few hours I suspect...anyone want to indulge in implantation dip story telling? You know...is there really such a thing, and if so, how deep a dip has been recorded, etc.

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo