Community post

Discussion

Afraid to become pregnant after miscarrage

I found out on august 8th that my husband and I were expecting our first child together. (my first pregnancy and our second child.) on September 18 we found out our baby didn't have a heart beat. :'( I had a missed miscarriage. I finally miscarried on October 4th. I am so afraid to because pregnant again. I don't want to loose another baby. I also found out I am rh negative, so I need to get shots to prevent my body from seeing my future baby as a threat and harm him or her. I took a test today and seen a very very faint line. I am so worried the same thing to my last baby will happen to this one if it is in fact a positive.

1 Reply • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 1 of 1 Replies

Awe....((hug))
I'm so sorry to hear of your fearful concerns and loss of the past joy.
I will say in order to add a different perspective, that no matter how hard miscarrying might be, it is also evidence that your body and that of your husband's are capable of producing a child in some capacity.
What I mean is this....I'm trying to conceive following a Vasectomy reversal by my husband and me at 37 with some hormonal imbalances. I would be heartbroken if I miscarried, and yet in the same breath, part of me would be like....IT IS POSSIBLE.
Because you can only see the loss right now, you might not realize the miracle that you ovulate, that your husband had active sperm with motility and vigor enough to fertilize an egg, that you had enough progesterone to begin to sustain the pregnancy at all...those are miracles that i cannot take for granted.
Have hope! I don't know your pregnancy history, but it is SO common to lose the first pregnancy that I almost expect to hear many reports when it is their first time getting pregnant. It does NOT mean it will happen again!

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo