Community post

Discussion

Brown periods

Hi All, just wondering if anyone could shine a bit of light on what I am experiencing.
I had a miscarriage last June. it took about 7 months for my period to come back with the help of the pill. My period is back now and comes every month but is brownish is colour, very light and only last 2-3 days. I don't have any fresh blood mixed in with this. I visited my GP and told her this as my boyfriend an I have been TTC for nearly 10 months now. all she did was give me folic acid and hoped that I would come back after three months prescription pregnant? I am not sure if I am even ovulating. can anyone help?

1 Reply • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 1 of 1 Replies

I think maybe a second opinion at the docs?
When you're charting your cycle or going for Tests / IUI the first day of your period is the first day you see red flow, so brown spotting wouldn't be considered as a period. If you aren't getting any red flow and this is new for you then I'm really surprised your doc didn't seem bothered.
You could try taking your temps to see if you are ovulating regularly. But get back down the docs if it doesn't improve soon.You haven't said how long this has been happening (and have you taken a pregnancy test just in case its a good sign?).
Good luck xxx

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo