Community post

Discussion

I'm 46 & hoping to test Sunday

REALLY want a positive pregnancy test! Are there any other 46+ trying to conceive? I used Clomid this cycle for the first time.

16 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 10 of 16 Replies | Last Page

Why yes, I am 46 and trying to beat the odds of trying to conceive naturally.
I know....what are the chances......but it's fun trying. :)

I am at dpo 12. Took another test this morning, and neg. oh well. :(. My boobs are sore as hell, but no other signs. Yesterday I had a very slight faint pos. I assume it was an evap.

I know it's near impossible, but will try a couple of more times. Ya never know, I could get my girl. I have two boys (15/13). I always wanted three. I don't feel like giving up until the fat lady sings.

:)

9 years ago

Hi Rikki :) I'm glad to finally hear a reply. Seams like no one talks much ti ne :( I am hoping this month is THE month. I'm 7 dpo & this morning my temp spiked high. I've read that could mean egg implantation!!! I don't understand why your test came out with a slight positive. I would re test again. If you wanna stay n touch better you can text me 330-473-2906, I live in Ohio : )

9 years ago • Post starter

Yes, hello there,
I just saw this question and wanted to give feed back on TTC over 40. I naturally conceived at ages 42 and 45. So it is absolutely possible. I have been trying for the past 16 months for one more baby using Femara and FSH injections + trigger shot. I turned 48 in August and had a positive pregnancy test on Monday, December 1. So far the HCG is rising, but not quite doubling, so the ultimate outcome is unknown. I just want to encourage all of you over 40 to continue trying with or without medications. My FSH is at 10 and amh at 0.181 only. One dr I consulted gave me a .01 % chance for conception, the other a 3% chance. Please be encouraged to continue trying. Best wishes and the Lord's blessings to all.

9 years ago

Yes, hello there,
I just saw this question and wanted to give feed back on TTC over 40. I naturally conceived at ages 42 and 45. So it is absolutely possible. I have been trying for the past 16 months for one more baby using Femara and FSH injections + trigger shot. I turned 48 in August and had a positive pregnancy test on Monday, December 1. So far the HCG is rising, but not quite doubling, so the ultimate outcome is unknown. I just want to encourage all of you over 40 to continue trying with or without medications. My FSH is at 10 and amh at 0.181 only. One dr I consulted gave me a .01 % chance for conception, the other a 3% chance. Please be encouraged to continue trying. Best wishes and the Lord's blessings to all.

9 years ago

I am sorry my answer was posted twice.....computer connection problems today :)

9 years ago

48, that's encouraging. Congrats.

I was supposed to get my period thurs/Friday. Today is Saturday and I feel like I'm going to get it. I'm resisting buying another test, since I got three negs since my first faint pos on tues. My boobs are less sore today. My temp dropped last night to 97.6, but it's back up to 98.8. My norm is 97.8.
I've been reading up on cervix position, and tried that out.
The day I got my faint, I could barely stick my finger up it was so tight. It freaked me out. My cervix was high. As far as soft or firm, I don't know what I'm feeling, but it did feel like a slippery nose. Two days ago, it was normal and cervix dropped. Yesterday n today it feels the same. It's 3/4 high and still feels like a smooth wet nose. I assume it's closed, i can feel a slit, but not a hole or wide to stick a of finger in.

I don't have any pregno symptoms. Right before period cramping here and there. I didn't get Pms nor do I have any chills which I always get.

I'm pretty sure I'm not. Tomorrow if my temp is still high tomorrow, and cervix still high some, I'll buy n take a test.

So that's where I'm at now.

9 years ago

Well last month didn't work out. Fingers crossed for this month.
And so now the 2 week torture.....

9 years ago

hi all, giving an update on a 46 yr old TTC naturally.
Positive faints since dpo8, today I'm dpo10. Is it going to stick, and be healthy? More time will tell........and I thought the TWW was torture.

Baby dust to all!

9 years ago

Keep me updated!

9 years ago

Fingers crossed for the OP and anyone else trying.

I am 42 and TTC for the first time. This is our 5th month of trying since I had a non-hormonal coil removed and yesterday, at 9DPO, I had some slight spotting but -ve HPT. Same again today. The bleeding is way early for af and very light - cycle usually 28-30 days, this is only CD 22, so no clue what is going on. Not feeling hopeful though.
I have an appointment with my doc next week to start getting things checked out - good to read about some natural 40+ pregnancies here though, quite reassuring.
Thanks.

9 years ago

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo