Community post

Discussion

Vitex users please READ!!!!

OK. After my last cycle (which lasted 50 days) I began taking Vitex, hoping to shorten my cycles again, as they have gotten longer and longer throughout the course of this year.

Prior to AF showing I had all of the classic pg/pms symptoms. When AF started, I began taking 1000mg of Vitex every morning. AF lasted the usual 3 days, and was very normal for me (thankfully).

However, all through AF and beyond, the symptoms have persisted. I am now on CD 11 and my breasts are still very tender, I am super fatigued (sleeping 12 or more hours per day), I am having bouts of nausea, and mood swings from out of this world.

This is very unusual for me. I wonder if maybe it is the Vitex? Has anyone else experienced this? Any idea what it might be if not?

Thanks in advance for your responses.

to us all!

User Image

3 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Replies

Have you done a pregnancy test?

I never had any symptoms like that, if you're worried ask for a full blood count and maybe take some vitamin B vitamins to help with Fatigue in the meantime.

Good luck!

9 years ago

@waitingfornumber4
I did HPTs prior to AF and all were negative, didn't even get the anticipation of an evap, so I am at a loss. My GP is booked up for the month, so I am kind of flying solo at this point. Frustrating to say the least.

User Image

9 years ago • Post starter

Don't take vitex during your period, start it when you stop bleeding. The first time I took vitex I got an extreme reaction to, heaps of bleeding, lost a lot of clots. It does pass though the longer I have taken it. I would be taking prenatals if you are going to take vitex because vitex can use up some of those minerals.

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo