Community post

Discussion

I should know better!

Ok, this cycle I've officially lost the plot! I have no symptoms but I'm not really a symptom spotter because I've learnt any symptom means nothing for me until I get two lines on a stick. However...I promised myself this month I would leave my 100 pack of super cheap internet cheapies alone until at least 10dpo!

Well, I have descended into the depths of being a hopeless case with no willpower what so ever! I am somewhere near 5-7dpo and I caved! The trouble is if I hold my tests, uhuh, plural, in my right hand, jump up and down on my right foot and hold the test up to my pantry door with a magnifying glass I think I see...a shadow.

There, I've confessed to my lunacy. I'm taking the first step to admitting I am powerless over peeing on a stick. As of now I will stay strong, one day at a time. Tomorrow I will not test just for one day, and the next day I will not test just for one day and so on otherwise I definitely need intervention!

Baby dust to all :)

15 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 10 of 15 Replies | Last Page

Hi, Maggic!

I am so glad that I ran across this thread, I needed a good laugh!

I know the addiction all too well. This is our 7th cycle TTC (MC in August at 7 weeks). It seems like once I test, I just can't stop and there is no rationalizing with my brain. At least you have a 100 of them! :)

I am at 7 DPO today and so far, I have been a good girl. All it takes is for one person in our TTC group to test and then I find it impossible to fight the urge..

TTC Baby #3

9 years ago

Too funny bumpin4baby! Seriously once I weaken and take just 'one little test' it's all over and I can't stop. True to form first thing this morning I peed...on a stick. Not only was it negative it leapt out of my hand and slapped me on the forehead!

9 years ago • Post starter

Oh my goodness!! HAHA.. That is GREAT! I am thinking I will buy a $ store test today, just for the heck of it. LET THE POAS ADDICTION COMMENCE! :)

TTC Baby #3

9 years ago

Sooooo did your test slap you too bumpinforbaby?

Hahaha!! Actually.... I got a BFP!! :) I sure hope it sticks this time!

TTC Baby #3

9 years ago

Ok, so after the wet slap this morning I took another two at lunch time. I dip two in the same urine because they're so skinny I wanted to be able to check that both say the same thing. This time I swear they rolled their pee filled eyes and yawned. Don't forget I have 100 of these things so I did two more at 7pm...nothing. Stark white, no point obsessing, obvious and insultingly negative!

Well, i went to bed at ten and could not sleep. So I did what any normal addict would do and got out of bed at 1am and dipped two more....BFP!!!!!!! In the space of 6 hours I've gone from an absolute not even a squinter to a BFP!

I have a strange feeling I will not be sleeping at all tonight!! :)

Congratulations to you...and to me! So far so good now we just have to get through the next bit till af is due. Fx'd :)

YAY!!! CONGRATS!!! How awesome that we both got our BFPs at the same time!! :)

HAHAHA!!!! Girl, you are cracking me up with these stories! ;0)

TTC Baby #3

9 years ago

Haha! Who would have thunk it! I think it's amazing we both got a bfp today! I hope this is a good sign for us both! I had a funny feeling I would see a positive this month. I have had absolutely no symptoms but then I think I'm only 7dpo today. Very very early for both of us (so we need to be realistic). Now let's not get me started on how I have a funny feeling I've got two in there!

I am really pleased for you, you've had a rough trot. Keep me posted?

I got my BFP yesterday at 8 DPO and I have been thinking the same thing.. Multiples.. Oh dear!! HAHA. I will def keep you posted as long as you promise to do the same!

TTC Baby #3

9 years ago

Well I'm now 10dpo and my BFP's have turned into BFN's :(. I did a morning and night test yesterday. First morning test was a positive, nice and pink but last night was barely there. First thing this morning I got zip! I'm disappointed but at the same time being philosophical because if I'm going to engage in a dangerous sport such as early testing there is a risk I could get hurt! At 39 this was my third cycle tcc and I am fully prepared for it to be a long ride. At least I now know that the outer layer of my eggs aren't too tough to be fertilised I'm just going to keep up with my health kick, maybe next month! :)

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo