Community post

Discussion

Positive hpt 3wks after miscarriage

Hello all, I was hoping some of you experienced TTCers and mommys out there could give me some advice.
So on September 22nd I was informed that I had lost my pregnancy. I was 7wks and 3days my HCG level was at 22,135 and by Thursday September 25th it had dropped to 18,189. And on Friday the 26th my miscarriage had started and took three days for my body to take care of it naturally, the bleeding was completely done by Sunday evening. I went into see my doctor that Monday and found that there was no retained tissue. My body had taken care of everything on its own. Now, 3wks later, I thought I would take a pregnancy test do some symptoms that could be pregnancy related or just early PMS symptoms. The test came back faintly positive (but strong enough to be seen clearly on camera). I was wondering, is this just left over hormones, or could I actually be pregnant again? I know the best way to be sure is to go in for blood tests and to talk with my doctor. So I'm not looking for a definite answer just some advice, and your experienced opinions. Thank you all so much for taking the time to read this and respond. Just feeling a little confused.

8 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 8 of 8 Replies

I had an early miscarriage in August and I did a bit of reading afterwards regarding possibility of falling pregnant again.... there were quite a few people saying that they fell pregnant again straight after without a cycle in between. It seemed to be the earlier the miscarriage occurred, the less recovery time required by the body to get back into the swing of things. If you were able to miscarriage naturally without needing medical intervention then i believe the physical effect on your body was minimal and you would be able to conceive shortly after. I read somewhere that your fertility actually increases for the first 3 months after your miscarriage, although I'm not sure why. Since the test reacts to HCG, it shouldn't be triggered by the miscarriage so I would think that if you got a positive test then you are pregnant! Congratulations, and good luck!

9 years ago

lasareina thank you so much for your reply. Definitely getting my spirits up a little. Crossing my fingers and praying for a sticky bean this time. Still not going to get my hopes to high just in case but again thank you so much for your input, very helpful.

9 years ago • Post starter

Good luck hun. I miscarried last week too at 11 weeks. My hpt was still faintly positive yesterday evening. I know it's not pregnancy because we've not done anything since the miscarriage. Do another test. If it goes darker then u must be pregnant again! If not then it could just be residual hcg. Fingers crossed you get the outcome you want hun! Baby dust xxx

9 years ago

xxjtxx Thank you for your reply. I am so sorry for your loss. Prayers to you for healing and peace. I will definitely test again. I'm hoping it gets darker, but we will see. I will post again at the end of the week with the final result. I'm hoping this post will eventually help someone else later on in the same situation as me. Thanks again for your reply.

Wondering if your line got darker? I hope for you that it did!

I am just recovering from a miscarriage a week ago, and want to ttc again as soon as possible. How did you know when to start again, did you use opk's, temping or a monitor? Or did you just go for it?

I just decided to start temping again this morning, I want to get back on track - and I want to be pregnant again!

Good luck!

9 years ago

Maggilu76 I am so sorry for your loss. Prayers coming to you for healing and peace. Hope you get a BFP soon. But, we just went for it. I haven't tested again yet. I'm going to test on Friday and I will post again to let you all know if it got darker or of it went away. I'm hoping it will be darker.

Well thank you and I can't wait to hear. Best wishes!!!

9 years ago

Hey everyone, just wanted to let you know I took a test this morning and it was much fainter than earlier this week. So I'm taking that as a negative test. There is most likely residual hcg from a few weeks ago. I tried not to gets my hopes up but I am a little disappointed. But now I just need to focus on the next cycle. Thank you all for your advice and well wishes. And prayers to all of you for your sticky bean.

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo