Community post

Discussion

Opinions Please

Ok...so my husband and I have been trying to conceive since past November. We conceived on Clomid in February but it resulted in an early miscarriage. Since my miscarriage this has been my first ovulatory cycle and we decided to try without clomid. I track my temps daily via fertility friend and confirmed ovulation on Day 14 of my cycle. On 9DPO my doctor ordered a Quant HCG. It came back negative with a result of 3.7. I asked the nurse if it was possible that we tested to early as I had read that implantation may not even occur until 7-10DPO and if I hadn't had implantation yet at 9DPO then tests would be negative so perhaps there was still a chance? In short, she said no which has both confused and made me feel discouraged. My temps are still elevated. I don't want to be unrealistically optimistic and realize I indeed may not be pregnant but wondered has anyone else taken longer in a their cycle to get a BFP? Any feedback appreciated. Thanks!

5 Replies • 7 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 5 of 5 Replies

Hi,
Implementation can happen in general between 05 and 12dpo, it can even happen later with some women. Your nurse gave you bad advice, lots of women get their bfp well after af is due. Trust your body and instincts. Good luck, hope you get your bfp.

7 years ago

Kerzie,

Thank you, that's what I thought too and am glad to know I'm not crazy! I realize this still may not be my month but I wasn't ready to give up hope just yet!

Nic

7 years ago • Post starter

I wanted to update for anyone following as I know how many times I've looked to these message boards for possible answers, scenarios, and hope. Over the past two days I've taken three hpt. The first was another "squinter" in which I was sure my heart was trying to convince my brain that there really was a second line! The next one there was a faint yet visibly darker line and this morning at 12dpo I undoubtedly got a BFP!!

So.....I didn't implant until 10DPO and my chart was right on. Praying for a healthy pregnancy and baby this go!!

7 years ago • Post starter

Thanks for updating and giving us all hope xx

7 years ago

Yay congratulations xxx

7 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo