Community post

Discussion

TTC on first cycle after MC

I had a miscarriage in mid-April. My first cycle after the MC started on May 21st, and I had a +OPK on May 31st. I am looking to hear from those who are also TTC'ing the first time since their MC to share in the TWW.

Also would love to hear success stories of those who got a BFP the first cycle after an MC.

10 Replies • 7 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 10 of 10 Replies

Hi October! I had miscarriage in March and we are trying to convince again now. I have heard that chances to conceive are higher during first six months right after. I am nervous about new pregnancy, as I had such a bad experience with my first one, but my doctor told me that there is a very good chance to have a healthy baby after miscarriage too.
I have my cycle started on May 21 too, my ovulation is today. However I used medication ( femara), as we also have a male factor.
Good luck!

7 years ago

Hi,

I had my 2nd consecutive miscarriage in April, ERPC on April 28. I think my period started on May 24 but it was a stop/start, heavy/light affair that dragged on for over 2 weeks.

Consequently I didn't use OPKs until CD 14 or later and I have no idea if or when I ovulated.

I think I'm about 8 days DPO but it could be 5 days either side of that. I've not made the tww easy for myself :-(

How are you two doing? A x

Stepmum to 5 yr old, TTC after two consecutive miscarriages, hopefully 3rd time lucky!

7 years ago

Sorry for everyone's loss.

I was disappointed to get my AF on June 16th :(. I was so hoping to get PG, as I had read so many stories on other forums of women who had been successful their 1st cycle after an MC. The idea of a BFP was also making me feel better, the disappointment of seeing AF this cycle just magnifies the mc loss.

Hopefully we will be successful this 2nd cycle post-mc.

Nataliana - Did you have any luck this cycle??

7 years ago • Post starter

Hi all,
After days of agonising, intermittent light spotting, AF is definitely here :'(
Oh well, next month for me too. I was really hopeful this month as I have conceived quickly before, but keeping positive is a must! Good luck ladies xx

Stepmum to 5 yr old, TTC after two consecutive miscarriages, hopefully 3rd time lucky!

7 years ago

Dear Ajcormac,

I'm so sorry, I know how agonizing it can be to wait and how much it hurts to see AF at the end. E-hugs to you. :(

7 years ago • Post starter

Im so sorry for both of you ladies losses. Im currently bleeding from a miscarriage. Im really wanting to try right away. Ive gotten pregnant after loss before, but those cycles were "if it happens, it happens" cycles. Any update on you ladies cycles? Hoping for good news!

7 years ago

Thanks so much October, I forgot to reply ...how is it going with you?

Hi MrsB, so sorry to hear about your miscarriage. It's such an emotional time, just trying to get through every moment. My thoughts are with you x

So my story is I've conceived fairly quickly (on my 2nd cycle) after 1st miscarriage but after the last one I'm now on cycle 3.

The positive news (and I'm sending my happy vibes to you, I haven't felt this optimistic for weeks) is that I have got my first positive OPK today. I'm soooo pleased.

Yesterday was my first due date, a sad milestone. But I feel I've turned a corner this week, emotionally I think I'm on he way up...which can only be good for baby-making, surely? I just want you to know that it won't be long before you are into that hopeful zone.

My hugs during the next few days and weeks. Be extra good to yourself xx

7 years ago

I had a MMC on 7/29/16 at 6-7 weeks. I'm still waiting to ovulate...my OPKs have been blinking smileys for 9 days now and temps are still low. I'm wondering when my little egg will finally bust out! I've heard it could take 2-4 weeks to Ov and this weekend makes it 4 - praying it happens soon!!!

I beat PCOS with lots of hope, faith & some drugs after a miscarriageMama to #littlemissgoo

7 years ago

I'm so sorry for everyone's loss. How is everyone going?
I'm new to forums, but I guess I reached the point where I felt I needed an outlet.

I had a natural miscariage in April at 13 weeks along. I ended up in emergency, it all happened so quickly and was too much blood to manage. First time I have ever had to wear nappies. 3 weeks later I was still bleeding so had to go in for the d&c. Bleeding continued for another 2 weeks following that. I was advised not to ttc until i had a period which I wad told would be 2-6 weeks post d&c, but that didn't come until the start of july. So now I am 11dpo on our 2nd try. Patience is not a strong point for me. I have been feeling pretty low the last couple of days.

7 years ago

had a missed miscarriage 9-28-16 i was 12 weeks but baby measured at 6 weeks heart stop beating and stop growing. i miscarried normal no d&c. af came nov,1 start ovulating nov,15 im now in my tww fingers crossed this is my rainbow baby ......... baby dust to everyone ttc

7 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo