Community post

Discussion

When to tell the boss?

I tested yesterday and according to my LMP, I'm 5+4.
I'm a nurse working 14 hour shifts on a heavy ward (I know I'm not the first pregnant nurse and I won't be last!) and I'm wondering when to tell my manager?
I only started last week - don't think I'll be winning employee of the month, ha!

6 Replies • 7 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 6 of 6 Replies

Hi we are in similar boat. I am a hca and I Do 12 hour shifts. I don't plan to tell them until 12 weeks mostly because I just had a miscarriage in march. I just feel like the less people know the better. Am in two minds

7 years ago

Hey, thanks for the reply :)

I'm so sorry to hear about your miscarriage, that must have been awful for you to go through.

As for telling work, It's hard, isn't it? I told the shift leader (one of the sisters) the other day as I was worried about manual handling - it's such a heavy ward.
I have to let the manager know tomorrow so she can risk assess.
I really don't want to tell many people until 12 weeks but if I don't let anyone at work know and something happens, I'd never forgive myself... xx

7 years ago • Post starter

It really is hard. My ward is heavy too. I am just scared to tell anyone because of fear of what happened before. It's not nice having to tell people that you are no longer pregnant.

7 years ago

I can't even imagine what it's like :(
Is your manager approachable? I'm thinking of telling her truthly but asking her if we can just pretend I've got a really bad back for now? Xx

I have just spoken to one of the band 6 nurse and she said I should tell my manager so that I can get a risk assessment done ASAP . My manager is very nice and approachable. I will tell her on Monday.
How is your manager?

7 years ago

Oh good - I'm glad to hear that.
My manager's good but not in until Monday when I'm not in - argh!

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo