Community post

Discussion

4wks +4days and think I've had early m/c feeling so alone

The day AF was due I tested positive last Friday (27th may) it was faint so I tested again Saturday and Sunday and each day the line got darker with frer. After trying for a 3rd child for almost 5 yrs i was feeling overwhelmed and extremely excited.. I didn't tell my OH because his away with work n with fathers day coming up I thought it would be a good idea to surprise him but then Monday (yesterday) I had really bad cramps I could hardly walk then in the afternoon I started to bleed not a lot at first just on wiping and was more pink (sorry for tmi). I went to bed early feeling devastated. I awoke up 4am soaked through my PJs with still more pink blood. I took a bath n noticed very tiny clots in the bath then I did another test and its still positive.. so I rang my Gp who recommended I contacted the early pregnancy unit at the hospital so rang for advice and she just said theres nothing i can do but wait two weeks then retest, the bleeding is just spotting now but dark red I know in my heart I have m/c but the not knowing for sure is awful. 2 wks to retest seems so long to wait she said if the pain got worse go to a&e but its half term so am stuck at home alone with 2 kids feeling pretty devastated the midwife on the phone said lots of women bleed during first trimester and everytging turns out ok but I don't wanna hold on to any hope my heart is broken ...so close after so long trying ???????????? any advice would be appreciated on easing the cramping pain av taken paracetamol but not sure what else I can do

0 Replies • 7 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo