Community post

Discussion

My IVF experience and concern.

Hey everybody!
I'm new here but TTC for over 5 years now.
I was wondering has anybody else had had these kind of experience.
I have done by now 5 IVF cycles and out of that I had 1 "official" CP Beta was not doubling and went up to only 179 and by that time I was bleeding heavily, and it started to go down, so that was that.
In the last IVF I had 1 fresh transfer and 1 FET.
Both times I think I had CP, but since it all happened before my OTD, there is no way of knowing.
Here is what happened:
On 10dpo and 5dp5dt I usually start to test with very sensitive test. I know it's super duper early and I don't expect much but I'm POAS lunatic :)
But...this last 2 times it went like this:
10dpo and 5dp5dt - all white test nothing to see there.
11dpo and 6dp5dt - I think I see a few atoms of color on the test line but could be evap line..so I test tomorrow again
12dpo and 7dp5dt - there is a line, it's super ultra faint but it's there
13dpo and 8dp5dt - line again...it's still super faint but I would even say that it is a tiny bit darker
14dpo and 9dp5dt - line but definitely lighter than day before and by the end of the day brown spotting appears
15dpo and 10dp5dt - line is almost not there, like on 11 dpo and it's almost AF and the blood is red not dark brown, and it looks like the only thing stopping me from going full AF is progesterone suppositories. ( this is also my 29th cd so AF right on time )
That continues to increase for 2 or 3 day when I take my blood beta and it's around 1.
When my "official" CP happened HPT on 12 dpo was also this super faint and beta was only 19.
So my questions are:
Has anybody else had experience like this?
Do you think that HCG level of 20 max on 12 dpo can go down to 1 in 5 days time until I get my official beta of 1?
I have a feeling that these progesterone vag. suppositories don't work as good because on 29th day of cycle I start AF or heavy spotting no matter what I take.
All of these obviously weren't viable pregnancies so maybe when I get one that starts producing serious amounts of HCG, maybe then my AF won't start right on time. How much of HCG is even enough for AF not to start? Is it 100 is it 300 or 500+? Can I possibly expect to get to that mystical number before cd28/14dpo?
What kind of progesterone are you taking ( oral, vag. injections, patches ...? ) and do you start spotting or AF even if you are taking them?

5 Replies • 7 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 5 of 5 Replies

dinaak- I have never seen a positive that wasn't from a trigger shot, so I can't speak to the fading in and out of the line. That must be really frustrating. I just wanted to stop by and answer the one question I could- I have done vaginal progesterone suppositories during my last couple of 2wws and did not start af while on them. After my transfer this month we will be using progesterone injections instead of suppositories.

7 years ago

I finally conceived my daughter on my 6th ivf cycle. On 3 other cycles I experienced chemicals or early losses. Yes, you can have a chemical, get light positives in hpts before beta hcg and then a negative beta hcg. My numbers were very low on 2 of my chemicals, between 5 and 9, and my hpts were showing lines. They are more sensitive than they advertise.

The winning combo for me on my 6th attempt was an endometrial scratch the month before, a 30 day round of antibiotics before transfer, intramuscular estradiol til 11 weeks, intramuscular progesterone til 11 weeks, crinone (progesterone suppository gel) til 14 weeks, baby aspirin til 11 weeks, lovenox (blood thinner) my entire pregnancy and prednisolone (a steroid) til 9 weeks. I had to take double the normal progesterone! Also, one of my embryos was already hatching at transfer which I didn't have happen before.

Have you been tested for immune or clotting issues? That was my problem and I had a lot of trouble getting a strong implantation which led to very early miscarriages or chemicals.

7 years ago

There is a strange rule in my country that you have to have 3 CP or other early miscarriages for doctor to advise you to do these imune and other things.
By now I had 1 official CP.
And these 2 "unofficial" :)
That would be 3 but I'm not sure it will work because these unofficial ones.
I mean I will have to talk to him and convince him somehow maybe.
Baby aspirin is something that is given to everybody just as precaution, but I'm not sure it does much good/is strong enough if there is a problem with clotting.

7 years ago • Post starter

My doctor was reluctant to test and treat me for nk cells, immune issues and clotting issues because they are kind of rare. I pretty much insisted and she finally caved. She was like I don't think that's the problem but since it's your last ivf we can try it. She already figured out that I had pcos, uterine polyps and my husband had a low count so she didn't she the sense of looking for more problems since we already found problems. But we did have more problems, treated them and it worked! I was going to move on to surrogacy on the next round.

Do some research on those issues and if you think you may have 1 or more go to your doctor armed with all the info. Think of things you have experienced your whole life, not just when ttcing, and see if any "symptoms" that you may not have thought were symptoms start popping up. They haven't known you your whole life so you might make connections that they haven't. For me some warning bells were bruising mysteriously and easily my whole life which pointed to clotting issues. And I was very rarely ever sick, even working in a school with a bunch of germ spreading lil monsters lol, which pointed to a strong immune system. Which is great pretty much all the time, just not when an embryo that is half "foreign" dna is trying to attach to you and your body tries fighting it instead.

7 years ago

mnor0406- a close friend of mine was in the same boat. She couldn't conceive and experienced recurrent mcs. Finally she combined ivf with PGS NGS and got pregnant.

7 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo