Community post

Discussion

Flat temperatures post ovulation

I have ovulated (CD12) and my chart shows a clear thermal shift. However, my first 5dpo my temperature has been exactly the same! I use a BBT and I've been charting for 5 years. Sometimes I get 1-3 days of flat temps here and there, but NEVER 5 days in a row of the same temp. The temp is also slightly higher for this early in my TWW than usual, although this whole cycle (and the last few) my overall temps have been slightly higher, so I'm not sure that's relevant. I know my thermometer is fine because two different days I temped either a few hours later or under my arm and got different readings, so...it's not the battery or anything. I'm not finding consistent information on whether flat temps post-O are a good indicator of pregnancy or not. I've heard that anything that differs from your normal charting pattern can be a good sign, and I've heard that flat temps can be an indicator of steady hormones, but...can I read into this as a possible indicator of pregnancy? I mean, implantation wouldn't have even happened yet, but hormones change as soon as conception occurs, so...I don't know what to think. After 22 months of TTC #2 I'm grasping at straws, here. Thanks for any insight!

2 Replies • 7 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Replies

Hi,
It helps if you put your chart up for us all to see what you mean. It's hard to picture without the chart but wish you all the best xx

7 years ago

Thanks!

User Image

7 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo