Community post

Discussion

Help! CD40, no af, bfn

Hello all!

I am new to this forum and am in need of some advice.

My husband and I are TTC for our first :)

I have been freaking out the past week because I am so late and yet I don't have any signs of a period coming and get a bfn every morning that I test.

Here is my background:
Stopped hormonal birth control pill in July (was on it for 2.5 years). I took my last hormonal pill on July 26th, by July 30th my period started and it lasted for 4 days. We did not actively TTC the month of August, but we weren't very careful either. But, we wanted to have a natural period come before actively TTC because we read it was potentially healthier. Anyway, I went on to have a 35 day cycle until finally my period showed up on September 3rd. It lasted for 4 days.

Now, by September I had done a lot of research and started really charting things. I have a really erratic work and sleep schedule so temping doesn't work for me so I was going to try tracking CM.

Here is what the month looked like (keep in mind this is the first time I have ever tracked CM so I'm not sure what exactly is creamy, sticky, egg white, etc. and I was using my best possible judgement).

September 14th - experienced back pain that felt like "period pain"
15th + 16th - negative LH tests
17th - clumpy CM
18th - creamy CM
19th - negative LH test, creamy and sticky CM
20th - very little CM, not stretchy or sticky
23rd - egg white CM
24th - egg white CM
25th - less stretchy CM
26th - "gooey" CM, slightly stretchy
27th + 28th CM not so stretchy and less in amount
29 - sticky clear CM, not much; negative HPT
30 - lots of creamy CM (looked like creamy lotion)
October 1 - scant CM/drier
2nd - lower back "period" pain
4th - BFN
5th - BFN; lots of white creamy CM; experienced nausea at night (icky tummy but didn't throw up)

This type of not throwing up but icky tummy feeling continues this point forward

6th - BFN; nauseau at night; lots of slippery CM
7th - BFN; pantiliner really wet with CM, cramps,

lower back pain starts here and continues on until the end

from here on was SUPER bloated and moody; also I tend to be really gassy before my period and haven't had that, but I've been constipated and that is weird for me

8th - BFN, almost egwcm?? what the heck this late in the cycle?; BFN,
9th - BFN; lots of goopy CM, not stretchy, very bad back pain
10 - BFN; lots of gloopy CM, not stretchy, bad back pain (woke me up in middle of night)
11th - very bad back pain! pantiliner wet with CM

I wish I had kept up with the ovulation predictor tests, but forgot :(

So, so far I haven't had any symptoms that I normally get when AF is coming (sore breasts, diarhea, bloating).

Instead I've been experiencing this weird nausea where my tummy is sick feeling but I don't actually throw up, I've been constipated (but haven't changed diet, exercise), have been dizzy if I get up too fast, and my joints have been achy. Also, worst lower back pain I've experienced in a very long time!

Anyone know what could be going on? I say my doc on the 29th for a physical so I don't know if I'm ready to call her up in panic mode so soon.

So frustrated. I just want to know what is going on. At this point, if I'm not pregnant, I just want to know how to get AF here so I can TTC again.

2 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Replies

Do you think it is possible I am pregnant? I have been thinking that if I got a BFN on CD40 using a FRER, then that means I couldn't possibly be pregnant this late and maybe something worse is going on like annovulation. In which case, I don't know what to do!

9 years ago • Post starter

Since you've had very back back pain I think it would be a good idea to call your doctor. At least to have them rule out an ectopic pregnancy.

User Image

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo