Community post

Discussion

Day 53 in my cycle after copper iud removal

Hi everyone. As the topic headline says, I had my copper iud removed during my last AF and I'm now on day 53 of my cycle. I've had three false positives, an abundance of negative pregnancy tests and not one single ounce of spotting in sight. I've had severe mood swings, bloating, ovulation pains, pressure feeling in my womb area, migraines and just generally feeling like a big ball of emotional hormones. At this point I'm desperate for my AF just to appear so I feel refreshed and on a new cycle. Has anyone else had a similar experience after a copper iud removal? My understanding was with it being a non hormonal contraceptive it wouldn't affect my cycle in anyway.

1 Reply • 7 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 1 of 1 Replies

I had a similar experience. I was over a week late after I got my copper IUD came out and I've always had a very regular cycle. I decided I just didn't ovulate. After that, it started to regulate but I was still having abnormal stuff happen like very light periods and mid cycle spotting for the next three or so cycles. I've had it out for almost nine cycles now and I am feeling back to normal for the last three or four months. It isn't supposed to do anything hormonal, but I really think my body had a hard time adjusting after t was out. Hope this gives you hope. It's taking me a much longer time to conceive than my first child but we also aren't trying like crazy. So I hope you get back to normal soon and get your bfp!

7 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo