Community post

Discussion

TTC after stillbirth

I had my boy 11 weeks ago stillborn at 35weeks 6days. Me and my partner have discussed it and decided we would like to start trying again as it could take years to conceive. Is there anyone else been at this stage before?

6 Replies • 7 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 6 of 6 Replies

I am so so sorry for your loss. My little man grew his wings at 36 weeks in Sept 14. We are still trying and hoping for our rainbow baby :) Time is not exactly in my favour either. for the first few months all I wanted was to be pregnant again - NOW and then I kept alternating between desperately wanting two pink lines to appear and been completely s#$? Scared of two lines appearing each month... It is a roller coaster of emotions. All I can say is be kind to yourself... Take the time to heal emotionally - you will know when it's right to try again. Big big hugs to you both xxxx

7 years ago

Thank you and I'm so so sorry for ur loss too. It's something no parent should ever have to go through. We have finally got alot do post mortem results next week. And I'm currently 5 1/2 weeks pregnant. I was flitting between wanting too desperately then wanting to wait ect aswell. The whole waiting game is he enough and when u as those 2 lines u do feel a little bit of excitement but mine quickly turned to guilt and now I'm petrified I check to bleeding everytjime I go to the bathroom (even though I've never miscarried before) I dont want to get emotionally attatvhed either and told mw I don't think I'll relax till baby is in my arms screaming ect. I have a scan at 10weeks, 13, 16/17, 20 then every 2 weeks after so hopefully I'll get a bit of faith ???? I wish u lots of baby dust x

7 years ago • Post starter

Thank you and I'm so so sorry for ur loss too. It's something no parent should ever have to go through. We have finally got alot do post mortem results next week. And I'm currently 5 1/2 weeks pregnant. I was flitting between wanting too desperately then wanting to wait ect aswell. The whole waiting game is he enough and when u as those 2 lines u do feel a little bit of excitement but mine quickly turned to guilt and now I'm petrified I check to bleeding everytjime I go to the bathroom (even though I've never miscarried before) I dont want to get emotionally attatvhed either and told mw I don't think I'll relax till baby is in my arms screaming ect. I have a scan at 10weeks, 13, 16/17, 20 then every 2 weeks after so hopefully I'll get a bit of faith ???? I wish u lots of baby dust x

i am sorry for your loss, i delivered our angel son at 28 weeks on may 18, 2016, due to trisomy 18 his heart just stopped beating. We are ttc already due to the fact that it took us almost 4yrs to conceive our angel son and we had to do iui to get preg with him so...we decided to try on our own for a few cycles just to see if we would get lucky this time around. i am currently waiting for my 2nd pp af to arrive but i dont know if i am late or just irregular due the birth...before i was always 27-28 day cycle and today im day 30 so i dont know what to expect or when. my first af came 35 days after i delivered him so i dont know if my cycles will be 35 days or if it should go back to my normal 27-28 day pre preg cycle..

7 years ago

I never had regular periods in fact I didn't have a single one between Nov 2012 when fell pregnant with my 1st son and June 2015 when had one period and fell pregnant with 2nd son (angel) I bled for 2 weeks after his birth then 3 weeks later had the most awful period for 6days then 29days after that started had another period lasted 5 days then another 29days another 5day period so suddenly got regular periods. We had our boys post mortem results back end of may he was perfectly healthy he just died for no reason ???? I'm now almost 11weeks with this one had a scan Monday just gone and have some bruising to uterus but otherwise all good so far have another scan on 1st aug (my 1st sons 3rd bday) I'm an absolute wreck with this pregnancy I just cannot bond at all and it makes me feel so guilty as it's still my child but it's kinda like an out of body experience x

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo