Community post

Discussion

PCOS diagnosed by MRI

Just wanted to share my experience. Me and my DH have been TTC for a few years (with one success that ended in M/C), but I have had extremely irregular periods and anovulation issues. A number of Dr's have told me my symptoms are similar to that of PCOS, but my labs and ultrasounds were always inconclusive, so they have been unsure of what approach to take with my treatment. Last week I had an MRI done of my pelvis for a uterine abnormality, but it discovered that I definitively have PCOS, when all the ultrasounds I have had indicated my ovaries were normal. Now I'm not sure if this is because cysts can come and go and the MRI was just at the right time, but if you have "unexplained" issues conceiving like I did, it may not hurt to push for a better diagnostic method than labs and ultrasound. Never knowing what was wrong with me was heartbreaking, and now I feel relieved just by the fact that I know at least one reason I am having fertility problems, and my Dr. can have a better idea of what kind of treatment I need.

0 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo