Community post

Discussion

16dpo. 3 positive hpt and two negative blood tests..confused

Hi everyone.

We have been ttc over a year now. Two cycles ago I had an hsg done which showed my tubes where fine. I was then put on clomid during my last cycle. I have a 28day cycle and a very regular period. My last period started on the 8th of September. I ovulated on the 22nd of September and dh and I had sex before on and after that date. Af was to show up on Monday 6th October but nothing. I did a hpt and got a positive. It was quite an obvious positive line. I tried again with another hpt and got a bfp. Went to the hospital to get a blood test and got a negative. I went home that same day, did another hpt and another positive. I went to get a clear blue digital and tried again, another bfp. Went back for another blood test and came back negative.

Symptoms

My books are tender, dh says my nipples are darker. I'm tired exhausted more often, I have a lot of CM..sometimes whitish and sometimes feels like water. I think my cervix is soft and high..im not too good with cervix position.

Dr says to wait another two weeks which is killing me. We have been ttc for such a long time and after going through the killer 2WW, I have to go on another 2WW. Its just so annoying. Anyone been through this before? Am I pregnant? What do you think? Af still hasn't showed up. I just wonder why the blood comes back negative. I tested at two different clinics.:(

Please let me know what you think!

Hugs.

6 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 6 of 6 Replies

Its very strange that the blood tests came back negative! I am under the impression that hpt cannot be positive unless there IS significant hCG in your system! (>15mIU is considered by Drs to be "pregnant" and most early hpt measure 25mIU+)
Really, what are the odds of all those different hpt coming up positive? I think you will have to wait it out and see what the blood test says in 2 weeks, but my vote is that you are!!

9 years ago

So the digital came back positive too? Weird. Some hospitals don't confirm a positive until your hcg is 25. Maybe your hcg was 24 so they said negative or at least not conclusive. Seriously, the tww is torture enough without being told that your tww is now a month long wait! I would be a complete blubbering mental case as patience is my biggest challenge!!

Seriously though we are spoilt rotten in this day and age! At least we don't have to wait until our uterus can be felt above our pubic bone for a bfp...although yours just might be by the time you get your answer! I really feel for you I don't know how you're going to get through the next two weeks, I'd probably have to be sedated! Lol

9 years ago

By the way my partner just came in as I was writing my response and asked what I was doing. I said I was writing to a poor lady who had positive hpt's including a positive digital test and negative blood tests... He said 'wow I didn't know you could do that, what can you feel that says you're pregnant?' Lol, I then had to explain that no, not digital as in feeling with a finger, digital as in a type of pregnancy test!! Haha I love him!

9 years ago

Hi guys,

I guess I had an early m/c. I started bleeding heavily yesterday with horrible terrible cramps. I feel really sick today and I have been throwing up since yesterday. It's all so tiring but I guess we'll have to try again.
@maggic your partner is hilarious. That was too funny. Gave me a good laugh!
The female body is truly a mystery. Jeez!.

But thanks everyone. I'll keep you updated on my next cycle. I feel really sick right now..

9 years ago • Post starter

It's me again and I don't know why I didn't remember this earlier but I do believe you are most likely having an early miscarriage as my second miscarriage was exactly like this! Seriously how could I sit here and rabbit on about it being weird when exactly the same thing happened to me, silly me!

In February 2009 I had a blighted ovum which I needed a d&c for just shy of 10 weeks. I waited one cycle and on the very next cycle fell pregnant again. I had a faint positive at 10 dpo and kept testing until 14dpo making me 4weeks pregnant. The lines grew darker but never really as dark as I would have liked. My AF didn't show, I was definitely pregnant. At 4 weeks 3days I started to feel unwell. Nothing I could put my finger on I just felt utterly exhausted and achey like I had the flu. Two days later when I went to wee first thing in the morning I started bleeding lots of watery brown fluid. I felt like AF was about to show.

I called the early pregnancy unit who had dealt with my blighted ovum and they took me in for a scan and bloods. Under 5 weeks of pregnancy there is most likely nothing to see as the gestational sac is so tiny but the midwife wanted to check there was no drama following the d&c. By that stage the blood was less but bright red.

The scan showed a perfect uterus in the early stages of pregnancy, no signs of where the blood was coming from and TWO perfect gestational sacs side by side! Twins! The midwife said the bleeding was perfectly normal for a twin pregnancy, drew blood and sent me home to contemplate my future!

I was home by 3pm and the bleeding stopped. I still felt really unwell though and had a bad gut feeling. Then at 6pm I started bleeding heavily. By midnight I was in emergency as I have a bleeding disorder and the bleeding needed to be assessed. They did another scan and my uterus was empty. They said it looked as though I'd never been pregnant!

It was so early but what a roller coaster ride! I found out I was having twins to not even being pregnant in a day.

If I had not had that scan and the early hpts I would never have known anything other than I felt unwell and my period was 5 days late. The very next morning the midwife called me and I told her I'd miscarried. She said she wasn't surprised because my blood betas had come back at zero. She said she'd never seen that before and couldn't explain why my uterus looked like a text book early pregnancy with no hcg. I'd say the miscarriage was imminent and the blood communication between the embryos and my body was already cut off.

I bled the next few days like a normal period. My cycle like yours was a regular 28 days so I counted the first day as cycle day one and I ovulated on day 14 like normal. I fell pregnant again that very cycle and two weeks later was back at the early pregnancy unit to have my new pregnancy confirmed and later gave birth to a healthy baby girl.

I was very sad and often wonder about those baby's. At the very least what has happened to you is proof you can conceive and maybe next time it'll be your turn like it was for me. Stay strong. :)

9 years ago

Thanks so much. Such a blessing.

This gives me so much hope now. This is the closest I've gotten to having a baby since we've been trying, at least now I know it can happen. I hope my next cycle will bring me my baby or babies:)

Thanks everyone.

Kisses.

9 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo