Community post

Discussion

Current 11dpo looking for fellow first timers for support

View Full Post

Hi all, we have been TTC our first for 6 months now and I have been on these boards reading almost every single day, this process has now gotten so obsessive to me my DH is tired of me over analyzing everything only to be let down with a BFN every single month.

I'm 11dpo now, AF is due on Saturday (5/14) and I have taken probably 6 internet cheapies since 9dpo and I keep getting BFN. Every month I feel like I get the symptoms, then just chalk them up to AF time. This month has been a bit different:

0-7dpo: Not much change, I just noticed I was VERY gassy (like I am during AF) and bloated
8dpo: breasts got very tender and I was woken up to cramps during the night.
9dpo: breasts still tender, starting to get noticeable veins, mild cramps on and off again waking me up in the night. BFN (tested today because of Mother's Day, thought it would be a sign and a welcome surprise)
10dpo: Still bloated/gassy, breast tenderness goes down, veins disappearing, thick CM appears BFN
11dpo: Today - breasts only sore to the touch. Still bloated and gassy. No hints of anything else.

I am one who has VERY painful cramps at AF time and never thought I really cramped beforehand, the last few months I've gotten these mild cramps a couple of days early which then led to AF, but this time they were a full 7 days before AF which has never happened and I feel this is making me obsess even more.

I hope you ladies accept me into the community! I just know and hope having some support will help ease my mind and if another BFN pops up I know I will need the help to get through it and start from scratch again :(

713 Replies • 7 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

71 - 80 of 713 Replies | Last Page

No symptoms :( I'm 10dpo now and not a hint of anything, so I'm starting to be convinced it just didn't happen this month. I don't even have symptoms trying to trick me! I'll have to try the cervix thing next month, I never even knew that was thing thank you!

Anything on your end or anyone else? Let's get some good news going in this thread!

7 years ago • Post starter

babybump89, it's still early-you never know!! I've had zero symptoms/anything unusual this month. I might be out too, but def feel a difference in my cervical position. I don't love the BBT-it's inconvenient for me and retrospective. We are only almost at 2 cycles TTC so I'm not really too worried about collecting. My CM hasn't been abundant, so maybe I'm not pregnant? I'm exhausted usually but lately I've been exhausted a lot more....who knows!!! Hope y'all are experiencing symptoms!! Where is everyone from (generally-speaking)? I'm in Virginia near DC so life is non-stop!!!! Keep everyone posted on symptoms, ladies!!! :)

7 years ago

Oh Sarah thats where I'm on vacation right now! We're in Arlington and visiting DC everyday, so like I said I've been getting my walking in for sure :) I normally live in Mississippi though!

I tried the cervix thing, but I don't think I know what I'm feeling for? It felt soft, but again nothing to compare it to so I don't know if thats normal or not. Just a few more days to know for sure!

babybump89 that's AWESOME!!!! :) I'm very familiar with Arlington/DC. We lived in Alexandria when we first moved here (3 years ago!!) and it was fun being so close to DC. We moved further out and I teach in an elementary school about 8 miles from our house, which is great! We are a bit further from DC (about 45 min) so we still go in every now and then, but not as often. I ran the Rock'n'Roll DC half in March and it was amazing!! I hope you have a great trip and yes!! lots of walking!!!
With the cervix, it's tricky and not the easiest thing to do, but I think the more I've done it, the easier it has been to locate. I've read blogs, looked at diagrams because I had no idea!! Keep me/us posted!!! I hope this is the month for us all

7 years ago

We took a long road trip up and got here a day early, so we stayed the first night in Alexandria. I don't know how you did it! That was the WORST traffic we had to deal with, I was trying to keep my stress level about it down though because that was when implantation could be occurring lol! We've loved it so far though, did a lot of typical "tourist" things which is nice and easy to deal with. My goal this summer (I'm also a teacher!) is just be low-key, I'm hoping the reason it didn't happen the past 6 months is because the title 1 middle schoolers I was teaching were stressing me out A LOT.

I'll have to check the cervix thing every day maybe and see if I can start telling a difference. I couldn't tell how far in I should be feeling for or anything, I should probably be more familiar with how my body works ha

HAHA!!! It's definitely an adjustment!! I'm 8 miles from my school, but it takes 20 minutes to get there!! It's bizarre and the traffic is def awful-you just have to give yourself double+ the amount of time to get someplace ;-) We moved here from Colorado, so it was a HUGE change for us!!
That's awesome you are a teacher too...I teach 1st grade and love it!!! We are in school until June 23rd :( I grew up in Nashville, so I remember fondly that school let out around Memorial Day-so nice!!
Try to relax as much as possible!!! I hope you enjoyed Alexandria-Old Town is so adorable!! :)
I agree-it's been a stressful year for me...I'm teaching full time and working on my PhD. PLUS i had bronchitis around Xmas and shingles in April...weird, but my mom had it in her 30s and luckily I had a mild case but STILL. I'm still trying to recover from being super tired all the time. I've always been incredibly healthy so this year was strange!! It's been an exhausting and stressful year so I totally get it!!!!
I really had to shove my finger up pretty far (sorry, TMI) to find it but I'm pretty small :/

7 years ago

We saw a bunch of teenagers at the Lincoln Memorial last night on their way to prom taking pictures and it was so crazy! We get out of school in May in MS and didn't realize how late students go to school here. I lived 40 minutes the school I taught at which also didn't help with the stress, though the traffic wasn't nearly as bad as this lol, but luckily next year I'll be moving to a high school 10 minutes way so nice and easy to support a pregnancy through!

Does body size make a difference on where it is? I feel like a student learning all of this, like I should know it already or something! I'm about 5'8" and 145lbs so pretty average, I need to pull out an anatomy book or something. I'm starting to obsess and mash on my boobs trying to see if they're sore or something ha

Yeah, this post-Labor Day start sucks!! i don't love how late we get out...our county is changing it in the 2017-2018 school year to start before, so I'm looking forward to that! I love my school and team and 20 minutes going against traffic is a godsend! Excited for your move the HS-that will be more convenient and a lot of fun! What will you teach? I was a History major in undergrad so I always envisioned teaching it someday ;-)

Not sure about body size, etc. I'm 5'2" and about 110 (so also pretty average for height/weight correlation). I had to really stick my finger up as far as I could possibly go (I propped one leg up on the seat of the toilet). I recommend the middle finger, since it's the longest. Once in, I slightly wiggled it back and forth. I reached up and back too and after doing it again, it feels a little firmer than before UGH this is tricky stuff!! :/ It is definitely high though-i had a hard time reaching it! Not sure if that helps...I feel like the majority of methods are subjective and could go either way! CM seems to be somewhat reliable, but even the sticky to creamy to EW isn't easy to differentiate

7 years ago

I sent you a message, Sarah, so we could stop annoying the others with the non ttc talk lol

Still on the hunt for the cervix, will keep y'all posted! Any other tips or tricks you have I'll take them!

@ SarahS and @ babybump - it was an awesome tww distraction to catch up on the chatter last night! It's funny how many teachers randomly end up on this forum!

@ babybump - it looks like you are having an awesome vacation! Maybe it was exactly what you needed! I feel your pain with the long commute - the college where I teach is 45 min - 1hr 15 min away from our home. We thought about moving, but hubby is an archeological field tech and has the same commute, but in the opposite direction!

@SarahS - I agree with temping being a pain, I tried it for a couple of months late Fall, early Winter, along with using opk's because I wanted some peace of mind that I was actually ovualting.

Long story short, hubby and I have been trying for over 2 years, at the just over a year mark I went to my Dr and found out that I was very B12 deficient. They checked my B12 and my hormone levels (not a CD specific check) in Oct 2015 (1.5 years later) and all looked ok but we still weren't pregnant. So ended up having a couple of ultrasounds to ensure that all my organs were all doing what they should. One of the reasons they say it's great to temp is that it will detect the temperature drop associated with ovulation and then the rise associated with progesterone in the luteal phase of your cycle. OPK's only really detect an LH surge, but you can get a positive and not actually ovulate (pretty common in women with PCOS).

So I am around 8dpo today - feeling pretty good, no real symptoms but I am trying hard to not overanalyze and it's been helpful actually to look back at previous months that I tracked my "symptoms" so I can see what it typical for me! I have decided to keep running, even in my tww. I am only logging 5-7 km runs and at a moderate pace, so not pushing myself too much. I am trying to lose some weight, I gained about 25 lbs over the couse of 7-8 years throughout my PhD and Postdoc's (sooo much sitting and analyzing and writing, not enough moving my body - I even ran a marathon in there at one point and still managed to gain weight - I blame the cortisol from all the stress! lol). I have about 10 down, so 15 to go, I am hoping they will be off by the end of the summer before school is back in full swing!

I think you ladies are a little ahead of me- is anyone testing soon?
If so, good luck! Hopefully one of us will get our BFP this cycle!

7 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo