Community post

Discussion

Current 11dpo looking for fellow first timers for support

View Full Post

Hi all, we have been TTC our first for 6 months now and I have been on these boards reading almost every single day, this process has now gotten so obsessive to me my DH is tired of me over analyzing everything only to be let down with a BFN every single month.

I'm 11dpo now, AF is due on Saturday (5/14) and I have taken probably 6 internet cheapies since 9dpo and I keep getting BFN. Every month I feel like I get the symptoms, then just chalk them up to AF time. This month has been a bit different:

0-7dpo: Not much change, I just noticed I was VERY gassy (like I am during AF) and bloated
8dpo: breasts got very tender and I was woken up to cramps during the night.
9dpo: breasts still tender, starting to get noticeable veins, mild cramps on and off again waking me up in the night. BFN (tested today because of Mother's Day, thought it would be a sign and a welcome surprise)
10dpo: Still bloated/gassy, breast tenderness goes down, veins disappearing, thick CM appears BFN
11dpo: Today - breasts only sore to the touch. Still bloated and gassy. No hints of anything else.

I am one who has VERY painful cramps at AF time and never thought I really cramped beforehand, the last few months I've gotten these mild cramps a couple of days early which then led to AF, but this time they were a full 7 days before AF which has never happened and I feel this is making me obsess even more.

I hope you ladies accept me into the community! I just know and hope having some support will help ease my mind and if another BFN pops up I know I will need the help to get through it and start from scratch again :(

713 Replies • 7 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

51 - 60 of 713 Replies | Last Page

Hi everyone,
Thanks for such great advic.Positive thoughts and wishes to all you lovely ladies. I'm still getting the hang of predicting my O days, but the last 2 days have seemed to be leaning towards Ovulation to me because of wetter CM and dulled pain like mild cramps and sharp twinge like sensations right under my belly button down to right on top of my groin area, especially if I walk to fast. My average cycle is around every 47 days with the last couple days being predicted as fertile and today being O day, and when I used the ovulation predictor here on this site the days seem to be hitting spot on. Hoping for the best. And thanks again for responding.
No one I know personally is TTC right now and I recently moved to a different state so getting together with TTC friends like you all is a true comfort.

7 years ago

Hi Carly2017!
Welcome! We started this thread last cycle so the title is a little misleading for where we are in our cycles now!

I am CD 10 right now so we are in the midst of baby dancing whenever we can! Were are you in your tww? It sounds like you have some promising symptoms!

Keep us posted!

7 years ago

Hi Carly2017, I'm CD15 right now, or OD0 since today is O day so tomorrow begins my tww again! Hopefully we all get some promising symptoms this time!

As for my appointment it wasn't what I was going for, but at least got some information. It was just a verbal appointment this time, she said she wasn't worried yet since we haven't been trying a year so she just gave the days we needed to BD (8, 10, 12, and 14 if you're interested) and said once a day on those days only. Then afterwards go crazy whenever wherever. She also told me to check my prenatal vitamins and see if they had DHA in them and if not to get on some, but I think that's more for development rather than conceiving. Either way, we scheduled a follow up in 6 weeks and she said hopefully I'll already be pregnant when I come to that and they'll check the process otherwise they're going to check for cysts or blockages or anything that might be causing it.

She also sent us home with a cup for DH to send a sample in if we were interested, but said thats only if we want to. So we may wait a couple of months after that 6 week appt and see. Either way, it was nice to talk with a medical person about it all!

Maybe that information will help one of you too!

7 years ago • Post starter

Hi Babybump89,
I am sorry your visit wasn't what you thought it would be. I would totally take it as good news that the professionals are still pretty chill - they see me coming and the alarm bells go off, which doesn't help with the reducing stress side of things!

That is good to know about the DHA - I never heard about looking DHA for it specifically in prenatals- I was doing a little reading and it looks like an omega-3 fatty acid, so I might just supplement with that in addition to my multivit.

We are officially in our fertile window - saw EWCM lastnight and again this morning - we BD'd yesterday morning and hopefully will again this afternoon. It's CD11, so 3 more days to go for it (which should make for a fun weekend). It's gonna be hot here this weekend too - in the 90's with the humidex, perhaps some relaxation on the beach!

Hope the weekend goes fast for your tww ladies! I will be joining you on Tuesday. Keep me posted with your symptoms!

7 years ago

HI baby bump89 :)
I began taking Nature Made multi vitamins with DHA.
I like them so far. My hair and nails are longer and stronger for sure. I also love the DHA for development. Drink plenty of water though to avoid constipation issues, just in case, and water of course being the best drink for our bodies. I've been adding a sliced lemon or orange to my water so it doesn't start to make me nauseous, especially since I've been striving for the 8 glass a day rule. In reality I drink about 6 because that's just a little too much for me too many nightime dashes to pee. Seems to keep me well hydrated and I know I've drank enough for my body to process the vitamins.

7 years ago

Thank you Carly2017! I haven't gotten any vitamins when DHA in them yet, I probably should, but I didn't know about the issues so I'll definitely be adding some water consumption to it! Where are you at on your cycle, did you ever figure out if you for sure ovulated? I always have trouble reading past posts when writing my responses :)

Hey baby bump89,

I didn't find out for sure if I was ovulating I'm just going by CM method, I've been learning to track my CM, and seem to be getting results that are more consistent now that I'm aware of the cycle and patterns. Feels like PMS symptons are starting to set in. Dull cramps, sharp twinges, and sore breasts.

7 years ago

How is everything going Carly? Anymore symptoms??

I'm only a couple of days in to the tww this time and not too optimistic. I think I put too much reliance into that doctor visit, we only BD 2 times during the fertile week and then 1 on O day, so I hope one of those did the trick. We're going on an 8 day vacation tomorrow so hopefully that cancels all stress and gets some symptoms a flowing!

Hi babybump89,

Yeah, same symptoms just more pronounced today. The sharp twinges were definitely more noticeable today along with stabby sensations that came and went, boobs feel more achy now and then also. According to the prediction I'm on day 11dpo.
:)

7 years ago

Hi Carly2017 and Babybump89 -

Sorry for my lack of responding, we had a gorgeous weekend weather wise and it was our fertile window and we really dedicated ourselves this cycle.

I thought I might try preseed and softcups this time around, but decided to do neither and to just be good to my body, eat right, exercise and only use cm and past cycles to predict ovulation. Based on previous cycles using OPK's - I will ovulate within 12 hours before or after CD's 14. I am CD 14 now and my cm is starting to get more tacky and less egg whitey. So my guess is that I will ovulate today, if I haven't already. We BD'd CD 8-12 once a day and then twice on CD 13. I am hoping we have the energy to BD this evening as well, just for good cover. I am really hoping by some miracle it made it work this month as next month is tricky (we will be visiting his parents during my fertile window).

Fingers crossed for all of us! Have an awesome vacay with your hubby Babybump89!

7 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo