Community post

Discussion

Current 11dpo looking for fellow first timers for support

View Full Post

Hi all, we have been TTC our first for 6 months now and I have been on these boards reading almost every single day, this process has now gotten so obsessive to me my DH is tired of me over analyzing everything only to be let down with a BFN every single month.

I'm 11dpo now, AF is due on Saturday (5/14) and I have taken probably 6 internet cheapies since 9dpo and I keep getting BFN. Every month I feel like I get the symptoms, then just chalk them up to AF time. This month has been a bit different:

0-7dpo: Not much change, I just noticed I was VERY gassy (like I am during AF) and bloated
8dpo: breasts got very tender and I was woken up to cramps during the night.
9dpo: breasts still tender, starting to get noticeable veins, mild cramps on and off again waking me up in the night. BFN (tested today because of Mother's Day, thought it would be a sign and a welcome surprise)
10dpo: Still bloated/gassy, breast tenderness goes down, veins disappearing, thick CM appears BFN
11dpo: Today - breasts only sore to the touch. Still bloated and gassy. No hints of anything else.

I am one who has VERY painful cramps at AF time and never thought I really cramped beforehand, the last few months I've gotten these mild cramps a couple of days early which then led to AF, but this time they were a full 7 days before AF which has never happened and I feel this is making me obsess even more.

I hope you ladies accept me into the community! I just know and hope having some support will help ease my mind and if another BFN pops up I know I will need the help to get through it and start from scratch again :(

713 Replies • 7 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

291 - 300 of 713 Replies | Last Page

Any news from any of you ladies??

AF came today so I'm cd1 of cycle 11, but this is our IUI testing cycle now so I have an appointment for halloween to get the scope test done and get all of my bloodwork. Then its monitor the rest and on cycle 12 we do the iui! I just really hope the iui works..I'm kind of putting all my hope into that now. We have 7 vials of sperm frozen so far, so 7 iui chances, our next "deposit" we're going to split into 4 different smaller vials for an IVF chance after 3 iui tries. Never thought i'd be going this route, but I'm 100% in for it.

Hubs had a confirmed diagnosis after the surgery and he is set to meet with the oncologist and start chemo, so our time and supplies are running low. BD has been completely put on the back burner because all his "goods" need to be frozen and it can only happen every 2-3 days with no finishing in between, so we're just spending our time with each other now. It's impossible to happen naturally for us now, and we've accepted that.

7 years ago • Post starter

Baby bump I hope the IUI works for you as well. You guys are already going through a lot. I'm hoping to do another round of IVF in December. Good luck with everything. Cont prayers for that BFP and your hubbys health!

7 years ago

Hi ladies, sorry I've been so MIA but I've read through all the posts and am all caught up! I'm pulling for you all and hope we all get BFPs in the near future!

As for me, DH is home officially and the 5 months apart is OVER thank goodness. I had that weird 22 day cycle in September (Since April I was 32-34 day cycles and thought I was regular). I am now on CD 45 I had a tiny bit of brown spotting last night. I thought AF was finally on its way, so went to bed with a tampon in (sorry, TMI!! haha). This morning, there was only a little brown on it and NOTHING since. I'm so confused! We've been so busy and exhausted, so we've sporadically BD'ed and I haven't been diligent about tracking. I doubt it was implantation bleeding though-it would be too good to be true.

I have an appointment on Monday with an endocrinologist because I refuse to wait the full year for nothing. Especially with these irregular AFs now, I want to have all my hormones checked and see if I have PCOS. I love my OBGYN, but I'm tired of everyone's nonchalant attitude that "it'll happen...give it a year". I just DON'T have the luxury of time, so I'm beginning the process of checking things out. DH is totally on board with any and all testing we need to get done. I'm really hoping for some answers. If we need "assistance" conceiving, I'd rather KNOW that and decide how to proceed. Being in the dark and sad/frustrated each month sucks.

I have my fingers crossed for us all!!

7 years ago

Hey Ladies,
Sorry for being MIA as well- we were in the middle of midterms so its been busy, which is great for getting through the tww!

Babybump - It sounds like you two are in a good place given everything going on! Continued prayers for you and your DH!

Luckykap - good luck with the next step - it'll be here before you know it (or perhaps something might just happen)!

Sarah - answers can for sure be good, that was where I was as well. It's awesome that DH is on board - we definitely have a lot more testing, but they have to perform under pressure which is a whole other ball game in my opinion. All the DH's out there deserve props for what they go through too!

I am going to test tomorrow morn with a FRER (will be 11dpo)- I have a girls night tomorrow night and want to know if I can have a glass of wine. Even if it's negative, I might hold off anyways as it's a little early. I'll be sure to let you all know as soon as I test!

7 years ago

Well Ladies- FRER was a BFN :(

It's still a little early (AF is due Sunday), so I am gonna keep it to the mocktails tonight just in case, but I'm not holding my breath. I think being monitored, knowing for sure that I have ovulated and that our timing was perfect, it just makes the fall a little harder when it's a negative. Luckykap, I can not imagine how it must feel to get a negative after IUI or IVF.

If for some miracle of miracles AF doesn't show up by Monday, then I have to go back to the RE's for a beta. I am really trying to be patient with DH and respect where he is, but it is so hard when I just want to know if it's even possible for us to get pregnant naturally. My RE won't discuss some of my results until both of us have completed our tests but as far as I know, the only result I don't have yet is my AMH.

Either way,I am finding it very frustrating. I think we are going to have to have a talk about it this weekend and at least make a plan/set a date, so I can focus on that instead of just sitting here and wondering why we can't get pregnant.

Sorry to be a downer this morning - this is cycle 28 of ttcing and it just feels so long. I try to be optimistic and be logical about it. I could restart the clock to when we finally corrected my B12 deficiency (12 cycles ago). Then I wonder if I should restart it to when I started taking synthroid last cycle - so it's only 1 cycle (maybe not even that since it's supposed to take a month before it's fully in effect).

My one little ray of hope this week actually came from a co-worker. She is awesome, she has an MD and a PhD in pathophysiology and is one of the smartest women I know. She commented earlier this week on my weightloss and asked what I have been doing. So I told her the lifestyle changes I made the summer and that I had been diagnosed with subclinical hypthroidism and started taking synthroid about 5 weeks ago. She knows we are ttcing, but doesn't know how much we are stuggling with it or that we are in the process of getting testing. She was so happy to hear that we caught it and that I am correcting it and proceded to tell me about a good friend of hers who struggled with infertility for 7 years. She had gone through multiple failed IVF cycles and after extensive testing, they finally figured out it was her thyroid (her case apparently was tricky to detect as it was more a receptor issue than a thyroid issue). She got pregnant naturally a few months after they corrected her thyroid.

Sorry for yet another book of a message - just having an emotional morning.

7 years ago

Twwtoolong- it is a rough ride. I'm not sure how old you are but I'm 37 and feeling so much pressure bc of my age. I've had 8 failed IUIs and 1 cancelled IVF and 1 failed IVF and just so down. I just want to get pregnant so bad. I meet with my RE again next week so hopefully can figure things out. Last time o talked to him he mentioned donor eggs but I'm not ready to give up on mine quite yet. Hopefully AF decides to stay away for you and you get that BFP :-) I understand the emotions, I can't even concentrate at work. Best of luck and cont prayers for you!

7 years ago

twwtoolong I completely understand what you're going through. We have only been trying about half the time as you and I'm already just at a *flip a switch* emotion change. If I think about it too much I get really depressed about it all, so I've got to just keep very light emotions and thoughts about it. The good news is you're headed in the right direction and it seems as if we're all on the same track with you on this board so you have others to lean on. I don't even know what I would do without you ladies here to talk to, it helps so much having others going through the same and I think that helps keep me mentally sane. So we are here to rant and rave to all you need twwtoolong! I know I've written a few novels here myself, I will read whatever you write!

When will DH's testing be completed so that yall can go in?

Thank you so much ladies!

Luckykap- I am 35, so starting to feel the crunch of that magic number in the fertility world. Are you taking Co-Q 10? I have a couple of friends in the fertility world that have told me it's helped with egg quality during their IVF cycles. Maybe something to talk to your RE about, if you are not already taking it!

Babybump- I am going to talk to DH to see when he'll think he will be ready. We've talked about the new year. So a couple cycles away (and we are traveling over the holidays, so it wouldn't be a good time to cycle monitor to do the post coital).

I dusted myself off and am not losing all hope for this cycle yet, but trying to keep it in check. I have decided to start my weekend early though instead of getting on top of marking midterms this afternoon!

I'll keep you all posted as it all unfolds this weekend with the likely apperance of AF looming!

7 years ago

I've been looking into taking different things and saw ovaboost online that has that in it along with melatonin. I will def ask my RE.

7 years ago

Ladies who have taken the IUI route, I have a question for you now. The Doctor has been calling my first appointment as the "scope" test which I know involves the little mini camera checking everything out, but they emailed me about billing stuff this morning and they referred to it as the "FOHS procedure", I've tried googling but nothing comes up for FOHS or anything with those initials dealing with fertility or infertility. Do any of you know what that stands for or anything so I can do some research on it?

Or is that a typo they made and they mean something else with other initials?

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo