Community post

Discussion

Current 11dpo looking for fellow first timers for support

View Full Post

Hi all, we have been TTC our first for 6 months now and I have been on these boards reading almost every single day, this process has now gotten so obsessive to me my DH is tired of me over analyzing everything only to be let down with a BFN every single month.

I'm 11dpo now, AF is due on Saturday (5/14) and I have taken probably 6 internet cheapies since 9dpo and I keep getting BFN. Every month I feel like I get the symptoms, then just chalk them up to AF time. This month has been a bit different:

0-7dpo: Not much change, I just noticed I was VERY gassy (like I am during AF) and bloated
8dpo: breasts got very tender and I was woken up to cramps during the night.
9dpo: breasts still tender, starting to get noticeable veins, mild cramps on and off again waking me up in the night. BFN (tested today because of Mother's Day, thought it would be a sign and a welcome surprise)
10dpo: Still bloated/gassy, breast tenderness goes down, veins disappearing, thick CM appears BFN
11dpo: Today - breasts only sore to the touch. Still bloated and gassy. No hints of anything else.

I am one who has VERY painful cramps at AF time and never thought I really cramped beforehand, the last few months I've gotten these mild cramps a couple of days early which then led to AF, but this time they were a full 7 days before AF which has never happened and I feel this is making me obsess even more.

I hope you ladies accept me into the community! I just know and hope having some support will help ease my mind and if another BFN pops up I know I will need the help to get through it and start from scratch again :(

713 Replies • 7 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

241 - 250 of 713 Replies | Last Page

@ babybump - I am sorry to hear that AF showed up - I am awating her arrival tomorrow or Sun. The saline test isn't the most comfortable - it wasn't too bad during the procedure - alot like bad AF cramps. I had cramps for a few hours after and a little spotting and also felt quite bloated for the next day. So definitely bring a pantyliner (the one they gave me was huge!). Keep us posted and feel free to ask me anything - I had a number of friends tell me that they finally got their BFP when they started getting tested. Hopefully that will be you!

If AF doesn't show up by Wed, I go in for a beta- I really don't think this is my cycle. I might take a cheapie in the morning just for fun and to confirm my thoughts!

7 years ago

Well the cheapie this morning was stark white BFN. I almost immediately after felt what is normally a typical AF cramp for me - usually I would start within an hour or so of feeling these cramps and still nothing yet, 5 hours later. I'm about to head out for a walk/run, so maybe that will kick it into gear if AF is coming. I think it's too late for it to be implantation cramps (11 dpo) - I'll keep you all posted.

7 years ago

Oh gosh thats not good..I knew about the cramping afterwards, but the rest doesn't sound fun at all. It's actually scheduled over my fall break so luckily I don't have to go to work for a few days, but the day after I have a rehearsal dinner and then the day after that the wedding for a friend I'm MOH for. I hope that doesn't effect anything with that...

Thank you for the tips though! It seems so far away now, but I'm sure I will start overthinking it as it quickly approaches.

I hope it's not AF showing up for you. keep us posted!

7 years ago • Post starter

Hi ladies! I would appreciate some insight into my situation. I am going crazy. Right now I am currently on cycle day 35. My flow was supposed to come on cycle day 33. So technically I am two days late. I went to obgyn the day of my missed period and the urine test was negative. Any ideas?

7 years ago

I think everyone's experience is a little different - and mine was likely on the more worse side of things. They had a little trouble with mine, first she couldn't find my cervix (even though I told her that it ususally is towards my left, ) - she really wasn't gentle at all when trying to find it and then was pretty aggresive when doing my pap (I was due for one, so they did it right before the SHG), then she inserted the catheter did the initial injection but it fell out and they had to reinsert the catheter and do it a second time, so I think my experience is a little worse than most! It was still over in less than 10-15 min, even with all the extra bits!

The only symptom I had the next day was bloating and my tummy was a little tender to push on it (again, maybe due to the fact they put a second shot of liquid in, I don't think that's typical for this procedure). All the uncomfortable, AF like cramping was within 4-6 hours after the procedure and I only had to wear a pantyliner for that afternoon and was fine by that night.

Back from my run and still no AF, no cramps since. We'll see!

7 years ago

llana- I have no idea, maybe give it a couple more days and test again.

Baby bump- I had an hsg done last Nov and I cramped really bad just while injecting the dye and then afterwards I had minor cramps for a couple hours and it was over. I just wore a pantry liner for the afternoon. I had a similar experience to twwtoolong as the balloon deflated so they had to do it again..good luck and hope you get answers

7 years ago

Ilana - do you normally have very regular cycles? Did you by chance track ovulation using opk's this month?

I am normally a 26-27 day cycle, I am on cd 28 now and no AF yet and still a negative test too. I do know though that I ovulated later this cycle than I have seen before (cd15 this cycle, usually it's been cd 13).

The luteal phase is supposed to be the more stable in length, so you might have just ovulated later than you think and therefore everything will be a little later than you might think - including possible implantation or a preg test!

Good luck and keep us posted!

7 years ago

Ok ladies - I did the thing we are all not supposed to do and I looked at my test from yesterday morning and I am freaking out!!!!

It looks like there is a faint line ....User Image - this is the link to the picture I just posted on here. I am sure it's prob just evap, but let me know what you think!!!

I am really trying to not get too excited....I am not saying anything to DH until it's a super clear second line or we get the results from my beta on Wed.

7 years ago

Oh twwtoolong that is definitely a no-no! haha But I can't see the picture! It's a broken link try posting again, or uploading to the hpt images!

7 years ago • Post starter

Ok - maybe try this - http://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/pregnancy-test-gallery/my-images221593

It is a total no no - I think I see a faint line on todays test too (maybe I am imagining it after looking at yesterdays). I am cd 28 - the longest cycle I have had in the past 1.5 years was 28 days, so we shall see! I feel a bit bloaty but no more AF like cramps...no other symptoms really.

7 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo