Major update and mobile-friendly site coming soon! Learn more
   Day Past Ovulation 123456789101112131415161718    
Start a New Topic

Trying to Conceive Discussion Forum

Recent Activity Forum Categories   Hide Signatures

Current 11dpo looking for fellow first timers for support - Page 23

Reply by twwtoolong » Jan. 10, 2017 5:10pm

That sucks babybump! I love the attitude though- just power through! lol

I am trying to not be hopeful, but it's hard not to. At least the tww wasn't so bad this time around with travelling and the start of the semester keeping me busy. Fingers crossed for something faint tomm morning!

twwtoolong

Reply by luckykap21 » Jan. 10, 2017 5:20pm

twwtoolong praying you get that bfp!!!!

luckykap21

Reply by SarahS28 » Jan. 10, 2017 8:40pm

Fingers crossed for you, twwtoolong!!

babybump, you are a rockstar! Soon you'll look back and think, "this was soooooo worth it!!!"

SarahS28

Reply by luckykap21 » Jan. 11, 2017 7:02am

Good Morning,

How is everyone this morning?

Twwtoolong I hope you see that second line this morning :-)
Sarah- good luck today for second blood draw.
Babybump- how did the shot go last night?

AFM, I had my second US yesterday and had fewer follicles than Sunday but hoping to see an increase tomorrow. I'll probably stim for 4-5 more days and then trigger but will know more tomorrow.
Good luck everyone! Praying for those bfps :-)

luckykap21

Reply by babybump89 » Jan. 11, 2017 7:35am

I went back to my left side and didn't feel it again! So there's just something about my right side that makes me feel it every time apparently. UGH

You had a good number of follicles so having a few less hopefully won't make that much of a difference! I hope you get to retrieve soon and get a whole bunch!

babybump89

Reply by twwtoolong » Jan. 11, 2017 7:50am

Morning All,
Luckykap - A friend of mine who has gone through 4 IVF cycles was always looking for quality over quantity. Hopefully you just have some plump beautiful follicles that are ready to be retrieved in a couple of days!

Babybump- I thought switching sides was really for your comfort, do you have to go back and forth if the left feels fine but the right is always yucky? Just a thought!

As for me, I did take a test this morning, but it was a negative. It might be a little early, AF is not due until tomorrow, but I am 12 DPO, so I think if we did catch one this cycle, I would see something by now.

Oh well - gonna go back to the clinic this cycle. I am still taking my synthroid, B12, Co-Q 10, Vit D and prenatals but thought I would try out Preseed as well. I have thought about getting it before, but we have tried to keep the BDing fun and somewhat spontaneous, we are "frequent flyers" anyways, so it's typically not even necessary to bring it up. But if we are busy I'll let DH generally know the window and he knows that if I inititate than it's "go" time. However, I know that they recommend preseed is inserted and then you do the deed right away (not so romantic). Have any of you ladies used it before, if so did you use it the recommended way or like reg lube?

Fingers crossed for beautiful follicles ladies!

twwtoolong

Reply by babybump89 » Jan. 11, 2017 8:00am

twwtoolong - It's not necessary to switch sides, I just feel like it makes it more "even" lol But I'm also worried if I do it too much on that side that doesn't hurt, eventually it will start to and then I'll have no option left but the painful side. Not sure why one hurts more than the other, its interesting. I'm probably going to try 1 more on that right side tonight and try pinching it a bit more, if that doesn't do it I'll stick to left for awhile and when it starts to get sore jump back over again.

We were using preseed the last 3-4 cycles or so, I had no problems with it. I agree it takes the "romance" out of it if you use it as intended, but it kind of put my mind at ease that if the swimmers are in there this will help them get to where they're supposed to (even though we now learned that were hitting a brick wall). You can use it as regular lube in addition to the conception help too if you need, just be sure to not use too much. I think we were using the 2 or 20, I've already forgotten how it's measured, but whatever was "normal" or recommended. And sometimes that made things too...slick. But it's worth a try!

babybump89

Reply by twwtoolong » Jan. 11, 2017 8:09am

Thanks babybump! I think we'll give it a go, at least as regular lube if nothing else. We don't use any right now and I usually only have one or two days of abundent really good fertile CM, so again, maybe for just peace of mind! lol

twwtoolong

Reply by luckykap21 » Jan. 11, 2017 8:17am

Thank you ladies. I don't ever have a lot of follicles anyway so the nurse said we just need quality over quantity. Im on with that, I just want some good healthy embryos to transfer.

Babybump- try to ice the area before the shot, it kind of numbs the area. I do the same thing with my shots and alternate sides because I feel the meds will be distributed more even lol. They didn't tell me to do it I just do.

luckykap21

Reply by SarahS28 » Jan. 11, 2017 8:33am

Good morning ladies!!

Lucky-fingers crossed you get some beautiful, high quality follicles!!!

twwtoolong-we used PreSeed once, back in June. I was hoping it would be the magic trick to getting pregnant. We don't have any problems with....lubrication so I tried it just in the hopes it would help move things along....definitely use WAY less than the recommended amount. I did and still felt like I used too much! A little goes a long way! I have a friend who timed intercourse (via opks) and used PreSeed and got pregnant within like, 2 months, so you never know!!

babybump-if one side hurts, maybe just do that side once a week or something...then you still can give the main side a break, but you aren't hurting as much! Just a thought! I wonder why one side hurts and the other doesn't....

AFM I'll do blood draw 2 this afternoon. A friend Amazon Primed a onesie set of DH favorite team (Liverpool soccer) so I'm excited to surprise him tonight that we are pregnant. I'll probably just wrap ONE onesie and not both...I don't wanna freak him out My in-laws are flying in for the weekend to help us finalize the old house and work on some stuff at the new house (cleaning, hanging pictures, pot rack, etc.) This will be the last time we see them before they move here in the summer and DH will be deploying April 1. Trying to decide if we should tell them...I think it would be awesome to tell them in person! I wanna limit the people who know, but we would tell them if we MCed (god forbid) so I think it would be awesome to tell them. Plus my FIL would be reeeeaaaally suspicious if I weren't drinking wine with him!

SarahS28

Reply by Alibaba » Jan. 11, 2017 11:39am

Well... I am day 26 today.... my cycles vary fro'm 25 to 32 days long. I've not even bought any tests this month having used about 20 last month. I don't feel hopefully really. No symptoms- getting my usual watery discharge that makes me think af has started and it hasn't when I go to loo...usually a day or so before. Haven't had the headache or the cramps yet. .. Let's see... maybe if I get to 32 again I'll test... a long way off- 6 days!

Feel a bit unenthused.... can only imagine how tedious it gets when you have been trying a while! I kinda expected to be preggers first cycle though.

Alibaba

Reply by babybump89 » Jan. 11, 2017 8:32pm

Oh alibaba that is the WORST part, just waiting to test and get an accurate answer. And anytime you test before then and get a BFN you just think "well maybe it was too early". HATE it!

Just did another shot on the painful side - and felt nothing! I think it may have stung so bad last time because of the alcohol wipe, I've gotten pretty quick at getting it all setup and can give myself the shot and be done in about 30 seconds, but tonight I let the alcohol dry for about 1 minute before I did the shot and I pinched the skin a little tighter than usual. Then I just shouted a hail mary and rammed that little sucker in like I was committing harakiri, didn't feel a thing! So that seems to be the key, just give the alcohol a little more time to dry!

Sarah you know my vote. TELL THEM! and go buy something adorable to do it with.

babybump89

Reply by twwtoolong » Jan. 11, 2017 9:13pm

Alibaba- I hear you. I am CD 26 today, I am usually a 27 day cycle, AF due tommorrow. We have been trying for almost 3 years - but I couldn't resist testing this moring with no discernable second line - and I did exactly what babybump said - "maybe it's too early" -lol.

DH promised again today to get checked this month, so once AF shows (assuming it will) it's back to the clinic. Hopefully we'll know sooner than later if we have any issues to deal with.

I might take another cheapie tomorow just to see - no sign of AF yet.

twwtoolong

Reply by Alibaba » Jan. 11, 2017 11:55pm

I know.. I swear I'm feeling nauseus- but I know that can be imagined too with anxiety and all sorts!! Makes me tempted to test but no point! If there's a bun in the oven- knowing a week earlier won't make any difference! X

Alibaba

Reply by Alibaba » Jan. 12, 2017 3:15pm

Omg! ! I just had really busy day at work and felt like period was about to come. So I picked up a bottle of wine from the shop on my way back.... I really wanted a glass but have been avoiding it for a while obviously. So I also picked up a cheap test. And guess what!!??? 2 lines?! I don't believe it!!! I've uploaded at 1 minute... another at 10 minutes to folow. It's positive!! I can't believe it. Need to recheck but no wee at present.... no wine for me!!

Alibaba

Reply by luckykap21 » Jan. 12, 2017 3:39pm

Alibaba congrats! What an awesome feeling!! This site is starting to get those bfps :-)

luckykap21

Reply by Alibaba » Jan. 12, 2017 3:52pm

Do you think it's positive to?? I feel like I must be imagining it. Feel so like about to get period I was convinced- that's why I've bought favourite wine and now hubby is getting it!!

Alibaba

Reply by luckykap21 » Jan. 12, 2017 3:54pm

It looks positive to me :-)

luckykap21

Reply by twwtoolong » Jan. 12, 2017 4:14pm

Wow Alibaba!!! Congrats! I hope you have a happy and health 9 months!

I tested again this morning - if there was a second line it was a squinter for sure, but who knows at this point, I have thought that before! Still no sign of AF showing up...CD 27 today.

Any updates luckykap? How are those follies looking?

So glad it went better this time babybump!

Keep you posted on me tomorrow!

twwtoolong

Reply by twwtoolong » Jan. 12, 2017 4:16pm

ps. Alibaba - I looked at your pic too and it totally looks like a positive to me too! So great to see a BFP!

twwtoolong