Community post

Discussion

Current 11dpo looking for fellow first timers for support

View Full Post

Hi all, we have been TTC our first for 6 months now and I have been on these boards reading almost every single day, this process has now gotten so obsessive to me my DH is tired of me over analyzing everything only to be let down with a BFN every single month.

I'm 11dpo now, AF is due on Saturday (5/14) and I have taken probably 6 internet cheapies since 9dpo and I keep getting BFN. Every month I feel like I get the symptoms, then just chalk them up to AF time. This month has been a bit different:

0-7dpo: Not much change, I just noticed I was VERY gassy (like I am during AF) and bloated
8dpo: breasts got very tender and I was woken up to cramps during the night.
9dpo: breasts still tender, starting to get noticeable veins, mild cramps on and off again waking me up in the night. BFN (tested today because of Mother's Day, thought it would be a sign and a welcome surprise)
10dpo: Still bloated/gassy, breast tenderness goes down, veins disappearing, thick CM appears BFN
11dpo: Today - breasts only sore to the touch. Still bloated and gassy. No hints of anything else.

I am one who has VERY painful cramps at AF time and never thought I really cramped beforehand, the last few months I've gotten these mild cramps a couple of days early which then led to AF, but this time they were a full 7 days before AF which has never happened and I feel this is making me obsess even more.

I hope you ladies accept me into the community! I just know and hope having some support will help ease my mind and if another BFN pops up I know I will need the help to get through it and start from scratch again :(

713 Replies • 7 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

201 - 210 of 713 Replies | Last Page

I hope thats what it means! I'm 12dpo today with possible expected AF and nothing on the horizon, but I didn't test for fear of seeing again, I'll probably test tomorrow though. I won't consider myself late until Monday since my cycle can vary from 26-29 days (but 99% of the time it stays around 26/27).

@twwtoolong I'm glad you got a little insight! Did they say anything about it not having been a technical year then since they aren't considering you ttc until October? Do you feel like you may have a chance this month, any symptoms? We're pretty close on our days so hopefully we both have some good news this week! I started this board what feels like ages ago and every time I get back around to 11dpo again it makes me so sad, because every other board you see people posting . Its time for some of that here!

7 years ago • Post starter

We are totally on the same pattern this month!

The Dr. seemed to be pretty laid back about it all and I got the sense that he wasn't too concerned about our situation - more of a "lets wait and see" when it comes to the test results. Not sure how to interpet that or if that is just standard procedure to not set off too many alarm bells in the first visit!

I haven't really had any symptoms, though I feel like Af could start any minute (would be early- I am not expecting it until Tuesday or Wednesday). Either way - part of me wants to get this cycle over with and get going with the investigative cycle.

My fingers are so crossed for you! I hope we both get our soon!!!

7 years ago

omg...I'm CD28 today and 13dpo with AF due yesterday/today so I thought just for fun I'll take my last cheapie test.....in person I can definitely see where a 2nd line would be. I'm freaking out. I don't know if I'm making it up (because obviosuly pictures don't pickup squinters very well) but with it being such a cheap test of course it would be this faint! I loaded it in the HPT gallery..please go look and tell me I'm crazy. I've just never even seen where a 2nd line would show up on these before!

Definitely gonna break my heart if AF shows now. I've never even had a squinter before.

I take it back.

AF showed.

I don't know what the deal was. 2 days late, faint positive, then AF....I don't know if it was a faulty test or if we actually had it and then lost it. I just don't know.

OMG - babybump89 - my heart is breaking for you.....all I can say is I am giving you a massive virtual hug.

I was literally logging on to say that I tested yesterday and thought I "might" have seen something, I just looked at your hpt and it was similar, a very faint line, super have to squint to see it.

It's my first month using the dip stick style tests, but I tested this morning and it looked like a stark white BFN. AF is not due for me until tomorrow or Wed, so maybe still a little early. I have no idea why I still hold on to hope after 2.5 years of trying and when I am literally waiting to start a new cycle so we can begin fertility testing, but I foolishly do.

All I can say is do a lot of self care over the next couple of days. You are still within the realm of how long it takes health couples to conceive.
HUGS!

7 years ago

Thanks twwtoolong. I have never been a fan of the cheap dip sticks because even when I do get a BFN on them I just assume its because the counts are too low and don't believe it, I just use them because they're cheap and it appeases my poas addiction. I'm hoping this test was just proof that it could happen for us. I feel like even though this was cycle 10 that it was only our first month of an actual chance since the fertilized started working, as much as we don't want a summer baby (being a teacher thats not good for my schedule) I hope this next month is it for real.

Let me know how your tests go!

Oh, babybump, I'm so sorry for you TTC is emotional enough, but it seemed like you had a really great chance this month! I'm sure the FertilAid is helping, so fingers crossed it happens really soon for you!

Last cycle was really tough for me too. I was 2 days late (I've NEVER been late with AF) and had NO AF symptoms. Every test was negative though and when AF showed, I still had no symptoms. I always feel crampy and achy-nothing. AF was medium flow (sorry TMI!!) the first day and was virtually gone midday on day 3. I too wonder if something went wrong...maybe it tried to implant and couldn't? I don't know...I just hope it was a fluke because the ONE thing I could rely on was a 32 day cycle and a warning that AF was coming.

I've been a little MIA since then...I'm about to enter my FW tomorrow. I'm only going to opk again and not obsess over everything. I feel like it really helped last cycle (until AF tricked me!)

7 years ago

Hey SarahS28 - That is so frustrating, I have had that happen too, whenever something different occurs you always wonder whether maybe this is it! Hang in there, maybe you are right and that little bean was not quite sticky enough. A laid back approach can totally make things a little more relaxed and fun! Enjoy the FW!!!:)

AF started with a vengence yesterday, so I am back at CD 2 today. The clinic said to call when it was CD1 to book the CD3 ultrsound (I think it's a baseline ultrasound of my uterus and ovaries). I have to have a full bladder again - that was not so comfortable last time but here we go, investigative cycle, bring it on!

From the paperwork they gave me, it sounds like they will give me feedback while they are doing testing, which I really hope is the case. When I had ultrasounds done last dec in my dr's office, I had to wait a week and book an appt to get the results (not even over the phone) and then was told I needed to have a second ultrasound (thought that I might have had a cervical fibroid or polyp), had the second ultrasound just before Christmas, booked the appt to find out the results in the New Year and found out that there was nothing there. Almost a month of stressing and multiple appts to find nothing.

I will likely have my Sonohystorgram (the saline test) either Friday or Tuesday and then will be there everyday/every other day next week to check my blood, follice sizes, to check for ovulation and to do our post coital test. After that, it's one test on CD 21ish to check my progestrone levels. I am really starting to wish that I had done this while I was on vacation this summer instead of trying to fit it around my classes this semester! DH needs to get his blood tested and do the sperm analysis at some point in the next 3 weeks as well. It's a little overwhelming but it will be great to have answers soon!

@babybump89- how you doing today? I had a little bit of a pity party lastnight but am trying to be postive today.

7 years ago

I understand the pity party, I've had many of those lol

I'm better, more accepting that it's a new cycle and time to try again but still very "draggy" about it. Like I'm not ready to 100% jump into it again. I don't even know if I want to opk this month or if we just want to time out our days to when I usually ovulate.

I hope all of your tests come back fine! I'm regretting that decision to wait too because I feel like thats all where ours is leading and summer is definitely a much more convenient time!

Hi Ladies -
Well the testing has begun - I had my first visit (CD 3) for my investigative cycle this morning. They did a full blood panel (6-7 tubes) and then a transabdonimal and transvaginal ultrasound. They quickly reviewed my results. Basically said my lining was at a 5.7 in thickness (normal for early in the cycle, they want it around a 6+ for implantation midcycle) and I have one follicle on my right ovary that's only a tiny 1 mm at the moment.

They didn't mention anything about PCOS (no indication on my previous ultrasounds either) - which is good. I have to go back in next Tuesday for an AMH blood test (helps to determine my ovarian reserve, I am hoping hubby will come in with me then to get his done and "do the deed" so he can get his sperm analysis) and then next Thursday for the SHG (sonohystogram) at 8am. I might have to head back in the next morning - Friday, for the post coital test (that is gonna be tricky - early morning BD and then rush to clinic and then an 8 am class).

They told me to take a tylenol and an advil before it, as it causes cramping and pain. I honeslty can not remember the last time I took either. I have a lecture from 2-4pm, so I am trying to weigh out whether I wait and see if it is painful and then if it is try to knock it down before I have to teach or just take it before like they recommended and hope that I am not too loopy to teach.

The next two weeks are going to be a little nutty - our semester starts next week and it looks like I might need to be at the clinic 3 times next week!

Anyone out there have an SHG before? How painful is it? Is advil really necessary?

7 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo