Community post

Discussion

Current 11dpo looking for fellow first timers for support

View Full Post

Hi all, we have been TTC our first for 6 months now and I have been on these boards reading almost every single day, this process has now gotten so obsessive to me my DH is tired of me over analyzing everything only to be let down with a BFN every single month.

I'm 11dpo now, AF is due on Saturday (5/14) and I have taken probably 6 internet cheapies since 9dpo and I keep getting BFN. Every month I feel like I get the symptoms, then just chalk them up to AF time. This month has been a bit different:

0-7dpo: Not much change, I just noticed I was VERY gassy (like I am during AF) and bloated
8dpo: breasts got very tender and I was woken up to cramps during the night.
9dpo: breasts still tender, starting to get noticeable veins, mild cramps on and off again waking me up in the night. BFN (tested today because of Mother's Day, thought it would be a sign and a welcome surprise)
10dpo: Still bloated/gassy, breast tenderness goes down, veins disappearing, thick CM appears BFN
11dpo: Today - breasts only sore to the touch. Still bloated and gassy. No hints of anything else.

I am one who has VERY painful cramps at AF time and never thought I really cramped beforehand, the last few months I've gotten these mild cramps a couple of days early which then led to AF, but this time they were a full 7 days before AF which has never happened and I feel this is making me obsess even more.

I hope you ladies accept me into the community! I just know and hope having some support will help ease my mind and if another BFN pops up I know I will need the help to get through it and start from scratch again :(

713 Replies • 7 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

151 - 160 of 713 Replies | Last Page

I hope you had a very happy birthday Sarah!

I can feel it ladies! It's going to happen soon for all of us!

A few people on my facebook announced they were pregnant last week. They weren't trying, they didn't want it to happen now, they were just being irresponsible and it made me so sad, and then very angry. Here we all are, trying to do everything we can to get our BFP, and others just get pregnant by accident. It drives me bonkers.

After I calmed down, I was very excited for them, of course. And guilty about how I originally felt when seeing their posts.

7 years ago

Thanks Jenna!! I hope you are right and this is all of our month!! It seems like between Facebook and Instagram, I am bombarded with pregnancy announcements! A teacher friend just announced she's prego with twins (her boy is almost 2!), my college roommate just had a boy (twin girls are 1.5 yo) and the list goes on and on.....I swear, there are NO JOKE 2-3 announcements per week!
My fertile window begins on Thursday, July 28-it feels like it takes forever to get to this point and then of course the TWW is forever long!!!!

I have my annual OB-GYN appointment on Monday with a new doctor, so I'm looking forward to picking her brain and explaining my concerns, etc. I'm done taking a doctor's word (it takes time, it'll happen) and I'm ready to push back if needed. We haven't been TTC for long (really NTNP and again, last cycle was my first ovulating) but I'm 33 and don't have the luxury of waiting a year to find out we need to "plan" TTC differently. I'm going to give TTC until September/October and if I'm not pregnant by then, do SA and have diagnostics run on myself too. I want to believe everything is fine and it'll happen, but I'm a Type A personality and want to know sooner rather than later if we need "assistance" in conceiving :)

7 years ago

Jenna I think we've ALL done that. I don't know if more people are announcing pregnancies now or if i'm just noticing it a lot more. Anytime I see a new one (and like Sarah said it seems like 2-3 a week now) my initial feeling is just extreme jealousy and it takes me a minute to remember I should be happy for them and I have to push that feeling down. Its just hard.

One that kind of jolted me back to reality, my college roommate announced her pregnancy a couple of months ago and last week posted some pictures they had taken when she told her husband. It was a little card that said "I know you and mommy have been trying for so long, but just remember good things are worth the wait!" and it made me realize all these people announcing, maybe they've gone through exactly what I'm going through too. Trying and trying and trying and it being so hard, then it suddenly happened. It still sucks to see it happening for some people (another friend has a 2 year old, decided to move out of the country and sell all their belongings, then announced they're pregnant with their 2nd child while asking for living funds from fb friends) and I try to block things like that out.

I'm around 3dpo now and I already feel "out" this month and we've already decided to take a break next month if it didn't happen. No tracking, no preseed, etc. Just BD when we feel like it and stop worrying because that will be about 1 year trying and my hope is about lost.

7 years ago • Post starter

Hi ladies....just checking in....how is everyone holding up? I start my fertile window tomorrow (finally)!! I'll probably start opks today and test everyday until I get a positive. My Ovia app shows my highest point (10) on Sunday, which is perfect! I'm excited my window falls over the weekend, since that's when we get to bd (Sat is a 9.0, Mon a 9.5)

Trying not to overthink it and just enjoy our weekend together and hope for the best!! I feel like I've been waiting FOREVER for this fertile window to start.

It's been so nice to not chart or track anything this cycle. Hopefully I can stay busy and "ignore" the TWW too. That part will be harder! I'm trying to stay busy this summer and I'm in Week 2 of marathon training, so I'm trying to stay focused on that!! Getting a BFP would be AMAZING, but I also hope I can still do my race if I'm pregnant...reading mixed things about running while pregnant. A lot of women do it, but I also have read about listening to your body and being aware of heart rate, which makes sense.

How is everyone doing?! Where is everyone in the process....any symptoms?

7 years ago

Hi ladies!

How is everyone feeling?

Babybump, maybe that's a good thing! That you're not feeling any symptoms and already feel out, I mean. Maybe your body is telling you to chill out because you're about to hit the rollercoaster! I certainly hope so for you!

Good luck this weekend, Sarah! I use the Ovia app too, and love it! Enjoy your time with your partner!

I just started my TWW. So we'll see! My fingers are crossed, but I already decided that if it doesn't happen for me this month, I'm going to be done trying until probably late fall. I need some time to de-stress and just enjoy myself. And I'm thinking about hitting up some amusement parks here too, later in the summer. As a reward for all my hardwork and stress. I figure that if I can't get pregnant this month, I might as well take a break and enjoy the rest of my summer, child free.

We'll see!

7 years ago

Hello Ladies!

My husband and I have been TTC for 6 years. I am 37. Back in 2012 we went through a Fertility Clinic to see if there was anything wrong with us. Turns out, we were "normal"

I did undergo laparoscopic surgery to remove 95% of my endometriosis. We had hoped this was the only issue, unfortunately since then, we have not been able to conceive.

We decided to go through another Fertility Clinic back in April of this year and again, investigation concluded we are normal. The only difference was my endometriosis was far less an issue.

We did our first IUI on July 20th and I am currently 6DPO. I had not felt any symptoms up until 4DPO. Currently I am experiencing dull cramps in my left lower abdomen and sporadic twinges. on 5DPO I had cramping that lasted a few hours with lots of gas. So far no spotting.

Next Thursday (Aug 4th) I will head back to clinic for a pregnancy test if AF has not shown up. If I happen to receive a negative then we will start the process all over again for IUI #2. We only paid for 3 IUI's. After this our hopes are left in God's hands and whatever happens, happens.

7 years ago

Jenna I'm on the same thought as you! We've decided if it didn't happen this month we decided to take next month off at least, or do a not try/not prevent where we keep taking fertilaid (just to get his guys back on track if we can) but not use preseed or track days or anything like that. I'm switching school districts so my insurance is changing and if I am pregnant before Sept 1 I won't be covered for anything, so I either can't go to the doctor before that or can't get pregnant before that anyway apparently!

We were really hoping for a fall baby initially (Sept/Oct/Nov/Dec) so waiting until October or so to try ttc again would get us back in that time frame. I never imagined it would take this long and we're already getting to a summer baby which is WAY off. I'm just like, I WANT ONE I don't care when it comes now!

Hello Mrs. Anna and welcome! I can't IMAGINE trying for so long, that has to be so hard. Do you mind me asking how you found out you had endometriosis? I have always had extremely bad crippling cramps and we thought maybe the reason it hasn't happened on my end is because of that, but I had a pap done last month and it came back normal.

Hello babybump89,

I don't mind at all! At our first Fertility Clinic attempt in 2012 I underwent a procedure where they insert something like a balloon which expands my uterus and shows the doctors more clearly what is going on in there. My endometriosis was detected this way.

My PAP's always came back normal also, even the one's I did at the Clinic. From what I understand as well, endometriosis is very hard to detect with ultrasound alone. It is usually diagnosed by way of symptoms, like you are describing.

As far as fertility goes, one Doctor told me that this could be the issue as to why we are not conceiving. Another Doctor has told me it likely has nothing to do with why we are not conceiving.

So, now the TWW

7 years ago

Oh man, thats what I was afraid of. I don't think we really want to go down the path of spending all that money for something that MAY work, we've always thought if it can't happen then it just can't happen. I've just been so obsessed with TTC this past year I can't imagine just "stopping", you know? But I think we're just planning on keeping taking these fertilaid pills hoping it ups the sperm count and that may be all that we do, I just feel like the bad cramps can't be a good sign for me.

Hello babybump89,

We felt the same way "if it happens, it happens". Well it has been 6 years and we came to the conclusion that maybe we should try IUI as one last option. We have agreed, as mentioned before, should these 3 attempts fail, then we will just leave it. My husband is 47 so it's becoming difficult for us

Ever since my surgery my cramps were much better and occasionally I will have a "bad period". Of course, nothing Advil cannot cure!

7 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo