Community post

Discussion

Current 11dpo looking for fellow first timers for support

View Full Post

Hi all, we have been TTC our first for 6 months now and I have been on these boards reading almost every single day, this process has now gotten so obsessive to me my DH is tired of me over analyzing everything only to be let down with a BFN every single month.

I'm 11dpo now, AF is due on Saturday (5/14) and I have taken probably 6 internet cheapies since 9dpo and I keep getting BFN. Every month I feel like I get the symptoms, then just chalk them up to AF time. This month has been a bit different:

0-7dpo: Not much change, I just noticed I was VERY gassy (like I am during AF) and bloated
8dpo: breasts got very tender and I was woken up to cramps during the night.
9dpo: breasts still tender, starting to get noticeable veins, mild cramps on and off again waking me up in the night. BFN (tested today because of Mother's Day, thought it would be a sign and a welcome surprise)
10dpo: Still bloated/gassy, breast tenderness goes down, veins disappearing, thick CM appears BFN
11dpo: Today - breasts only sore to the touch. Still bloated and gassy. No hints of anything else.

I am one who has VERY painful cramps at AF time and never thought I really cramped beforehand, the last few months I've gotten these mild cramps a couple of days early which then led to AF, but this time they were a full 7 days before AF which has never happened and I feel this is making me obsess even more.

I hope you ladies accept me into the community! I just know and hope having some support will help ease my mind and if another BFN pops up I know I will need the help to get through it and start from scratch again :(

713 Replies • 7 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

121 - 130 of 713 Replies | Last Page

Jenna you are definitely in the same boat as us! It seems everyone and their grandma are announcing pregnancies since we started, some of them "unplanned" and its so sad to think it happens so easy for all of them and it's taking all of us a lot of work. Feel free to stay on the board and keep us posted!

Sorry I've been slow to respond, its been a weird couple of days. 2 days ago (6dpo) I had some dull cramps and pink spotting, then yesterday afternoon they came back and there was some brown spotting. Now today no cramps, but still brown spotting. I'm 8dpo and CD 23, and I'm usually VERY consistent on a 27-29 day cycle, so AF coming this early would be out of the ordinary. I stupidly took a cheapie HPT and obviously it was negative, but I'm still worried this is still AF creeping in because I'm so used to it :(

7 years ago • Post starter

Yep, definitely in the same boat! I cried last month when I got AF (and a day early and in the evening which NEVER happens!) I had 0 positive opks last month, which makes me think this is my first actual cycle ovulating (3rd month NTNP, really) It's def hard because it seems like everyone around me is announcing pregnancies. I keep trying to remind myself that I have NO idea how long they were trying, just as no one suspects that we are. It'll be a surprise and shock when we announce :)
What has helped me this month is tracking my BBT (which isn't 100% valid, since SO many things can affect it (alcohol, sleep quality, sickness, consistency of time tested each morning) but it's allowed me to understand my coverline. I did opks EVERYDAY after AF (so from cycle day 5 and on). I got 2 positive opks-one in the early evening and one the next morning (verified with two brands of opk). I was able to pinpoint the day of O, which was confirmed with the drop and then spike in BBT (this is where it's "beneficial" even for someone like me who has an erratic temp haha). I also check cervical position and CM everyday which helps. I know it's going to take more than one cycle to REALLY know my body, but I'm learning and now can pinpoint approximate time of O. Just plug away and know that it'll happen soon!!! I'm only 4 dpo and the TWW is def the hardest part!!! The time drags these two weeks!!!

Good luck and baby dust!!

7 years ago

Well I thought AF was on the horizon with this cramping and spotting, but nothing yet. I'm only 9dpo today, not due for AF until Friday. Had light spotting 6dpo, 7dpo, and 8dpo with mild dull achy cramps on 6dpo and 7dpo. Breasts have been tender to pressure, but they usually get like that before AF anyway.

I HATE THE WAIT! I've never had spotting that early and then not be followed immediately by AF. Just a few more days...working on staying stress free about it!

How is everyone else? Any symptoms? Most of you should be in the tww now too right??

My body is acting so weird!! I feel like I have to post it all here or I'm just making it up or something haha

So I'm 9dpo today - cervix has been all over the place. Super super high and somewhat soft early in the day, then it lowered and got firmer as the day went on. Don't even know what to think of that.

Skip to dinner - towards the end of the meal I started getting really hot. So I decided to start putting things away, I get up and take my plate to the kitchen and the more steps I take the hotter I get, the "lighter" I start feeling, and my ears feel like they're getting sound muffled. So I go back to the table and sit down and have to drink some cold water to get that dizzy spell away. If I had kept walking and moving, I probably would have passed out!

I like to pretend I haven't gotten my hopes up this month...but they're up for sure. This is the most symptoms i've gotten yet and I'm still at least 4 days from expecting AF. uuuhgggggghhhh.

Please tell me others are having freakout symptoms too. I'm going crazy here.

That is weird. But maybe it means you're bpdy is changing! Are you waiting until AF is due to take a test?

My AF was due on Friday of last week. Still hasn't come. I've taken about 4 or 5 tests since then with a BFN every time. I don't know what's going on with me.

I have my fingers crossed for you, and I'll be watching to see your results!!

7 years ago

Fingers crossed babybump89!! Very promising symptoms ;-)

Jenna, do you have a pretty regular cycle? I can't remember if you mentioned it in previous posts....maybe there hasn't been enough HCG build-up to detect on a hpt? Keep us posted!!

I'm 7 dpo and have had cramps since ovulation. Cramps have been in the middle and on alternating sides. Other than fatigue, I really don't have other symptoms. Temp is still elevated, fingers crossed it stays about cover line!! AF is still 6 days away :( Longest TWW EVER!!

7 years ago

Well wish I had some better news, but AF showed today. My body was just playing a cruel cruel joke by spotting and cramping a week early and giving me hot flashes and dizzy spells. I'm back to day 1 and have not been taking it very well today because all those symptoms got my hopes up a lot.

More luck to you ladies! Let me wallow in some wine and accept the fact it will be another month before answers again :(

Jenna what brand of test are you using and are your cycles normally regular? Have you considered a blood test? When I kept getting BFNs on mine I did a lot of research on how long it takes people to get a BFP and a lot of women it took them until 20dpo or more before even first response gave them a BFP just because they were producing such small levels of HCG, so theres still hope!

I went to the doctor today for my annual visit (sorry about AF doc. whoops.) and we were discussing some options because I was there when AF showed its ugly head and she could tell this wasn't a happy moment for me..lol This will be our 9th month trying, she said she really recommends couples trying for at least a year because 90% are pregnant by then (yeah whatever) and to do any tests before that might be unnecessary money. She mentioned the next step for me would be the dye test, where they shoot dye in then follow it to make sure all the paths are clear, but that insurance wouldn't cover it so I would have to pay around $1000 to do it. Honestly, I'm thinking about it. We've got a savings account going for the little bean's expenses...and if that gives us some answers I wouldn't feel bad taking from it. What do you ladies think?

How old are you babybump? It might be worth it to take that test, but also, it's important to follow your doctor's advice. Not that she knows everything, but she probably thinks it'll be a waste of money for you.
If it were me, I'd wait until the 12 month mark. You're so close already, and if your doc thinks it's probable, why not just wait the three more months. I know how hard it is, trust me. I'd just hate to see you take that much money out of your savings, just to conceive naturally a month late.
Let me know what you decide!!

Sarah, how are you doing? Any more symptoms?

I am now on day 38 of my cycle. With negative tests. Every. Single. Day. Before I had my birth control put in, my periods were SO regular, 28-29 days MAX. After I had it removed, it fluctuated a bit, maybe 28-31 days, but not this much.

Right now, I'm using the cheapies from the Dollar Tree. I used to buy the expensive ones, but that got old quick when they come back negative so often. So now I got and buy about 10-15 at a time. :D
I told myself that if AF doesn't come by day 40, which is Saturday, I'm calling the doctor Monday morning. I'll have her do a blood test, and if it's still negative, we need to figure out what's going on with me.

7 years ago

When I kept taking those cheapies I was reading those especially take FOREVER to get a BFP because they require so much HCG. Maybe get 1 box of one of the nicer brands (clearblue/FR) and just use one that way you have some extras for later and if you get a BFN with one of those (they require barely any HCG to get a positive) then you'll know it might be something else? There also may be a difference between the dip tests and the in stream kind where dip gets BFN more often than the in stream.

Again, these are all internet rumors so no telling if its accurate or not!

I just turned 27 in May, so still in a "prime" time to conceive. I'm just getting frustrated. That's kind of what I'm scared of is if I spend the money only to find out there's no problems and boom then it happens. Then theres also spend the money, find out there IS a problem and boom we have some answers. She said give it until October but I can obviously do it before then if I want to.

Hi ladies,

Jenna, I think you make valid points. It's definitely a good idea to "dig a little deeper". I would want to know right away. I'll be 33 in 1.5 weeks so I know waiting a year to figure out why it's not happening doesn't really feel like an option. The dye test could be a good option, but what if they find a blockage they need to clear out? Is that included in the $1k? I would def look into some herbal methods (FertilAid, which I know we've discussed, Evening Primrose, etc) You can buy the home sperm count tests too. It's not foolproof and only considers sperm quantity not quality, but that would be one little thing you could cross off the list of possibilities.

When did you have the BC removed (sorry, can't remember)? Sometimes it takes a few cycles to regulate. After I got off the pill, I had a 32 day cycle in April, 31 in May (so I'm basically a 32 day cycle person) but this is the first month I ovulated. I would def check with the doctor at 40 days and she what she thinks.

I'm doing ok. The wait is soo torturous and I'm off for the summer so I have all day to obsess over it! I've had dull cramps since O day....they are sometimes central or alternate sides. Weird. Not like AF cramping at all. Also fighting a mild cold and I'm exhausted. I could literally sit on the couch ALL day. I actually fell asleep on the couch for 1.5 hours yesterday afternoon. Slight morning nausea and dizziness yesterday morning and the cramping was more intense than other days. SUPER mild cramping so far this morning and insane appetite. Yesterday I would eat something and be hungry again 15 min later haha! If this isn't prego symptoms, my body is having some seriously weird issues! haha

7 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo