Community post

Discussion

Breastfeeding and Irregular Cycles

Hi all! Looking for some hope and advice :) this is my first post and it might be a bit long winded, I'm sorry!
As a backstory: DD is currently 8mos old, when we were ttc her it was fairly uncomplicated - our third month ttc I used OPKs and we hit the jackpot.
Okay, fast forward to November, I was two months PP with DD and af returned. Since then my cycle has fluctuated from 29-35 days - I've had 4 cycles 29days long, 1 cycle 35 days long, and last month's cycle was 32 days long. We started ttc again last month (obviously unsuccessfully) and this month I am using OPKs. Have been testing since CD9, it is now CD19 and still no positive.
To add fuel to the fire, DD is still EBF so I know that can cause things to be off also.

This month I had spitting on CD14 but like I said, still no positive OPK. We have been bd every day to every other day.

I'll keep taking OPKs but hoping someone has some advice or can tell me about their similar experience?

Thank you for reading! Feeling frustrated

Married DH 08/31/13 DD 09/07/2015 Started April 2016 ttc baby #2

3 Replies • 7 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Replies

Meant to say I had SPOTTING , not spitting on CD14

7 years ago • Post starter

My cycle returned last summer when my dd was about 5 months. I was also ebf and my previously very regular cycles were the same as you described. Pre-pregnancy I always ovulated on cd14. PP, it was all over the place. The first few months it didn't happen until day 22-25 and I'm pretty sure I had at least one annovulatory cycle. After about 5 months it started balancing out (I'm still bf my 15 month old). Last month I finally got pregnant but unfortunately it ended in a chemical. But at least I know now that my body can do it again. This month I ovulated on cd15 (this past Sunday....fingers crossed!).

I also know ladies who got pregnant the first or second month trying while bf, so who knows?! But just know you aren't alone! Good luck and I hope you're successful sooner rather than later!

Me (36) & DW (32) together since February 2006 DD (conceived via at home insemination with KD sperm) born Feb 2015 TTC #2

7 years ago

Thanks for your reply Mrs. Rabren!
I got a BFP on my OPK today :):)

Wishing you and your wife all the success soon with a sticky little bean <3<3

Cheers!

7 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo