Community post

Discussion

IVF

So after nearly 3 years of trying with no success and after several processes through the doctors/hospitals we have been told that we are at the end of the line and our last option is IVF.
I don't know what to feel, partly glad for the option and partly terrified of the process.

I'm not looking for negative stories to be honest I am hoping for anyone who's had positive experiences to perhaps put my mind at rest.

I've been doing far too much reading on the risks and the horror stories and now I'm looking for a bit of a pick me up if possible.

Never thought we'd be in this position but I guess I have to look on the positive side in all this.

Appreciate any positive vibes :)

4 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 4 of 4 Replies

I just wanted to say that I have three close friends who had IVF and all have beautiful healthy children now. One went on to have another naturally afterwards. Good luck to you!

[url=<a href=

9 years ago

Thank you *mrs fingers crossed* I really appreciate that :) best of luck to you x

9 years ago • Post starter

yes me!! over here!!!

various reasons led to us ending up with IVF. I had a great egg retrieval with 8 eggs fertilising to day 5 embies.

I became sick with OHSS so no fresh transfer but all 8 froze well.

the first transfer came backs with a positive result but low levels of hormones that fell quickly, so classed as a chemical pregnancy. I requested for the next egg to be transferred on the next cycle and he is currently 15 months old, fast asleep in all his snotty glory!!

we decided to start again for the next in feb, first egg attached but didn't progress properly and ended in miscarriage at about 8-9 weeks. as soon as my hormones were right, next egg was put in and i am now 4 weeks pregnant!

i found the IVF process to be very stress less compared to the stress i had been putting on myself with tracking, POAS ovulation, temp tracking blergh!!! All that stress was taken out of my hands and i just sat back and stuck my arm out for blood tests aplenty!!

feel free to ask any questions but bear in mind that the IVF journey is different for everyone, depending on your issues, and I am in Australia which probably means things are handled differently too, but i will pass on what knowledge i have!

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

9 years ago

Thank you @krunchie29 I really appreciate you sharing your story. I also appreciate the offer for questions, I may just take you up on that offer!

So pleased you finally got your bundle :) x

9 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo