Community post

Discussion

HCG count? Mine was 972. 5 weeks

According to my LMP I am around 5w3d today. My HCG count on 5w1d was 972. Blood was drawn today for second count.
Anyone else getting HCG beta's ? What was your count?

9 Replies • 7 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 9 of 9 Replies

Mine was 9,015 at 5w2d with this pregnancy, and 6,821 at 6w2d with my daughter.

Congrats!! =))

7 years ago

Wow! You had a high count!

I received my second beta today.
5w3d 2,010 which means it doubled from 972
Yay!

THANK YOU~

7 years ago • Post starter

I got my first beta early at 13 dpo - beta114 and then again at 16 dpo - beta 363. So I go back next week when I will be 5w2d prego for more labs and ultrasound to hopefully see gestational sac. Congrats!!!!

Sabrina 39, DD 21 with grandson 7 months, DS 3 months DH 31 DH vasectomy reversal March 2015 First IUI April 19, 2016...DS born January 5, 2017 (IUI done due to hostile CM) TTC #2 with new husband before I turn 40 in September!

7 years ago

Hi,
I'm 5w2d today, and finally got to have my first lot of beta's done. I won't get the results until tomorrow, but I'm guessing mine will be over 4000.

I wanted repeat tests done again in 2 days time coz I'm really curious to know exactly how often my levels are doubling, but my doc wrote the blood referral for 3 days of blood tests. So I'm going back tomorrow and again on Wednesday. At least this will give me a real good idea as to how much my levels are going up by each day, and then I can use those calculator thingy's to work out how often my levels are doubling.

Don't worry about low levels Becky, with my first pregnancy, mine were low, and at 5 weeks, from memory, my level was only around 300. I also implanted and got a positive a lot earlier with this pregnancy than with my first too. I think when you implant has a fair bit to do with varying levels too. As long as your levels are rising, and ideally doubling (or very close to it) every 48 hours or so, then everything is fine. It's not necessarily the number, but more the fact that it's rising. I'm sure everything is fine!!
Amy

7 years ago

Ok, so got my beta's back from yesterday's test, and it was 3600. Not quite as high as I was expecting, but still really good.

Had repeat bloods today, and will do again tomorrow. Will be interesting to see what rate it's going up by.

Amy.

7 years ago

Sounds like a good hcg number. Good luck Amy. Let me know how your other counts go.

So yesterday's beta was 4300. Not as high as I first expected, but then read that once levels get over 1200, they only double every 96 hours, and once over 6000 double more than every 96 hours. Currently my doubling rate for the previous 2 tests worked out to 93.63 hours, so I can't be too disappointed. I'm guessing today's test, going by the last 2 tests will be around 5100.
Anyway, just thought I'd post an update.

7 years ago

I got another beta count on Friday, the 13th, and it was 8000. I thought that was low too but I started to read the same thing you mentioned. HCG doesn't double as fast as the numbers increase.

May 2nd - 972
May 4th - 2010
May 13th - 8000

I am still spotting off and on (mostly on). If I wasn't spotting I would be less concerned.

Keep me posted on your progress. I hope all turns out well for both of us!

Becky, your doubling time worked out to about 103 hours - which is pretty good seeing as your hcg is now over 6000.

Got my results from yesterday's test, and not as high as I expected.... only 4600....and so my doubling rate from day 1 to day 3 is about 108 hours, but yet, from day 1 to day 2 it's 93, but day 2 to day 3 it's way over 200 hours.

But I'm curious about something. What time of the day are you having your bloods taken? And are you having them done on an empty stomach (either fasting - or at least 3 hours after eating), or straight after eating (so within 2 hours of eating)??

Reason I ask, is I found out my progesterone levels, and on Monday they were excellent - 54. But when I asked today what they were for yesterday, they had dropped to 37. I did some research, and apparently the progesterone level can fluctuate throughout the day, and actually best on an empty stomach. On Monday when I had my bloods done, it had been over 3, close to 4 hours since I had eaten. But both yesterday's and today's tests were done about an hour to an hour and a half after eating. I'm just starting to wonder if the HCG levels can be affected by food like the progesterone is.

I know the levels don't rise as quickly after 1200, but I'm a bit disappointed that mine seem to have slowed down already, and I'm only just over 4000, not 6000. I know they are still rising and that's the main thing, but yeah, can't help but worry.

I really hope the bleeding eases up for you soon. I know how I reacted to just seeing a small brown spot, let alone anything more than that, and so frequently. Hopefully it's just your uterus expanding to accommodate for your growing bub.

So, how many weeks/days are you now??
I'm 5w5d (19/5).

Amy.

7 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo