Community post

Discussion

Best Friend BFP, not even trying

So I have a question - I'm 35, DH is 38 and we've been trying for 5 months with no avail.

I've been trying to stay positive but my best friend (37) who is getting married this weekend that already has a daughter 2 years old is pregnant. she told me because she is annoyed that she can't drink at her wedding. it was a one time accident with her fiance and boom, she's due june 2. i'm crushed and feel like I'm cursed.

anyone have any advice on how to cope and not just die of jealousy? I want to crawl away and cry.

3 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Replies

Had a similar experience recently with my hubby's brother. We'd just told hubby's mum that we have to medical help (IUI. Then IVF) and his brother walks in and announces that his wife is pregnant and they weren't even really trying yet. We felt like we'd just been ripped apart :-(

There have been a lot of journal entries from ladies with similar experiences so you are not on your own in this.

It is hard. Even when it's someone you love you can still feel jealous. We found that thinking about the lovely cousin our baby will have to grow up with and play with makes it better. Think of the positives if you can, you and your best friends having young children together and all the fun that can be. You will still feel jealous, I know we do, but you'll also be happy for them too.

My thoughts are with you xxx

9 years ago

Been there myself and it's very hard. DH and I are coming up on 2 years of trying (we are 27 and 28 and diagnosed with unexplained infertility). About 5 months in to trying my good friend and her fiance got pregnant on a one night whoopsie. 2-3 weeks later my very best tells me she thinks she might be pregnant and turns out she was 6-7 weeks along already! Now they're babies are 9 and 10 months and here we are still trying... Many other friends and family members have also announced their pregnancies since, most of which were TTC very briefly or were "not trying/not protecting". I find it hard not to judge, or question why them and not us?

I don't have a good answer for you, all I can say is we all walk our own path. When it finally happens for us we're going to appreciate it all that much more. You'll NEVER hear me complain about pregnancy or parenting, that's for damn sure!

9 years ago

I've been trying over 3 years and I have experienced every emotion known to man when dealing with this. I have let this consume every bit of my life. I am not a happy person most times and not a happy person to deal with.

The thing that works for me is DISTRACTION! Find a project to work on, a new hobby, or find anything that takes your mind off babies! It seems hard but it works. I can't tell you have many things I've gotten down around the house and yard to take my mind off things. I also try to get my friends and family to keep me busy and do things to not think about it. It's also good to have a solid support system of people whether on sites like this or in real life that will listen to you and offer nothing but love and support.

I always think that the level of appreciation I will have for when I will finally become a mom will be worth it. There has to be a reason that the journey takes longer for some of us, maybe it shows us how strong we are..I don't know.

I know this is hard and coming from me almost laughable considering my stress but find the things and people that keep you the most stress free!

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo