Community post

Discussion

Saliva Ferning test

Hello!

Curious to see if anyone else uses the saliva ferning test method to help predict ovulation. It's always been spot on for me. (I happen to work in a lab as a medical technologist so I have access to a microscope & slides)

Believe it or not, this old-school method works really well! I wish I had a picture of the slides but you can look online at images. The ferning pattern is actually very cool.

And used in conjunction with checking cervix, CM, and other symptoms, this can actually work better than some of the OPK dipstick tests. Although the stick tests are very affordable and entertaining to track, I've not had them (Easy@home) pick up my surge. Ever.

The digital CBE has always worked well so I did a side by side comparison study. Guess what? The test strips you can order online were a far cry from accurate.
That being said, the dipstick tests DO work for some women. That may have something to do with women having different levels of LH in their system.

Holler if anyone has any questions or wants to chat!

Baby dust to all! Don't forget to have fun making babies. Sometimes we get so focused and let it consume us we forget that there are other reasons couples have SEX! Enjoy each other!

1 Reply • 7 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 1 of 1 Replies

Hi my boyfriend just bought me a knowhen saliva kit I just started testing today along with my first response ovulation tests can't wait to see my ferning pattern

7 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo