Community post

Discussion

Spotting at 5 weeks?

I have been TTC for 3 years not. I was pregnant over a year ago and miscarried after I started spotting week 8.

I missed my period last Monday and thought my hormones were off. Out of curiosity I took a test Friday and much to my surprise it was immediately positive. I was so happy! Unfortunately, this morning I woke up and was spotting when I went to the restroom. I have been spotting off and on today. I'm trying not to worry but given my history it's hard to be optimistic. Praying and crossing my fingers.

Is anyone else spotting or spotted in the early weeks? What was your outcome?

Thank you,
Becky

5 Replies • 7 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 5 of 5 Replies

I spotted with my second pregnancy . It was dark though . I carried her just fine but it was very scary

7 years ago

Thank you for your response!

I had my blood counts checked and I am low on progesterone. The nurse said that is why I am spotting. I will be taking a progesterone supplement and she assured me the spotting should stop after that. What a relief.

7 years ago • Post starter

I had a sonogram last Friday on May 13th. I measured at 5 weeks instead of 6 weeks. My dates may be off or I may be threatening to miscarry (hence the spotting). I have another ultrasound this Friday to see if there has been any progress. Still spotting on and off (mostly on). Praying hard.

I spotted a little last week (5weeks) but it was expected. Had an early scan and the tech pointed out a fluid pocket probably from implantation that would either come out or be reabsorbed by body. Lasted about 2 days and now gone. Was able to see a heartbeat on Tuesday at 6 week scan.

Sabrina 39, DD 21 with grandson 7 months, DS 3 months DH 31 DH vasectomy reversal March 2015 First IUI April 19, 2016...DS born January 5, 2017 (IUI done due to hostile CM) TTC #2 with new husband before I turn 40 in September!

7 years ago

Good. It's nice when they can identify what is going on. Happy for your heartbeat. That's wonderful...

I have my appointment this afternoon.

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo