Community post

Discussion

TTC immediately after mc before AF??

I was wondering if anyone is TTC'ing immediately after a miscarriage, before AF?

I had my mc at 8 wks, but the baby measured 5w5d (this was after I had a threatened mc just after 5 wks). I used cytotec to help facilitate the mc because it started slowly.

I was wondering if anyone else is considering TTC'ing immediately after an mc before AF?

Also want to hear success TTC stories immediately after an mc before AF.

7 Replies • 7 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 7 of 7 Replies

i was had mc end of march. just started raspberry leaf tea and i guess it jup started my af because i got it the 20th of april. dr told me it was okie to ttc again after bleeding had stopped from mc. it really just depends if you are ready again

7 years ago

It really just depends on how you feel after. I miscarried my son at 17 weeks, it was the hardest time of my life. Feel free to read my forum post TTC after miscarriage.. We currently are try to concieve after miscarrying the end of February. Best of luck to you ?? My AF is 6 days late but all neg tests so I'm hoping for a miracle

7 years ago

I had a D&C last Thursday, 5/5/16, for a blighted ovum which measures 5 weeks which we found out during the 7th week appointment. I asked my OB when can we start to ttc again and he said it should be fine to do sooner. He said some women wait for 1 cycle or 2 so they can start charting, others just jump right back in. He said it all depends on our level of comfort. My husband and I decided to start as soon as we can. We both agreed that our hearts may be broken right now, but our spirits are not.

7 years ago

I'm really sorry for everyone's loss, I know how hurtful it is, and how difficult yesterday must have been for everyone.

My dr recommended waiting 3 cycles, but I wanted to try again ASAP and couldn't stand to wait that long. I have Googled everything I can about if there is anything unsafe or increased chance of mc if we tried immediately after my mc when I ovulate before my first AF. All I could find were success stories on forums of women who had done it (and a few who posted about mc'ing again) but the majority were successful.

I can't find medical evidence for or against trying immediately after an mc before AF. Most everything that was posted by a medical-related association or report interviewing an obgyn said to wait at least for one cycle. But women who posted from asking their dr "why wait" said it was for dating issues or for emotional healing more than anything. A few sites mentioned wait at least one cycle to be sure the uterine lining is built up.

My husband and I made the decision to try again the first time I ovulate following my mc. I would like to hear if others have done the same.

7 years ago • Post starter

When I asked my OB why wait for the first cycle, he said that because it's hard for some women to pinpoint the ovulation timing.

It could also partly be dependent on the physicality of the uterus - i.e. how far along were you when you mc'd. Some people heal faster than others and so it's hard to have an umbrella of a response that would cover most.

For me, the d&c was successful enough to take everything out which could also mean that my body could re-start faster. I'll find out more after next week on my 2 week follow up.

7 years ago

October
I just wanted to share as I have been scouring the Internet myself for some answers. Here's my situation and my first post ever. Lol
Last period was March 1st, 2016
Bfp April 3,
Started spotting april 9th. Bled for three days.
Had blood drawn the 11th and 13th which confirm hcg drop
Had one more draw on the 20th. Was down to 10.
No clear signs of ovulation after that.
Tracker said period due May 10th.
I'll be honest I really wanted to know what was going on with my body so I did an ovulation test last week. It was negative. Monday I bought dollar store cheapie hpt-negative. Tuesday- thought I saw something but figured it was my eyes. Wednesday I didn't test. Thursday. Dollar store hpt very faint pos. This morning dollar store repeat, positive. Stopped and got a different brand. Pos 5:30pm positive.

I'm not quite sure what to make of all of this. I don't really have any symptoms and I'm not quite sure when I ovulated.

But it looks like I am a statistic.
Pregnant after miscarriage 5+4, no period in between.

I hope this helps someone.

7 years ago

That is nice to know Babyflash :)

I miscarried back in April, I was 6 weeks by dates but only ever measured about 4 weeks by HCG and scan. (Sac was 2.5mm 1 day before MC).

I am still waiting for my period to turn up. I thought it was here yesterday but it just seems to be frustrating spotting! I feel so impatient.

We have not been taking any precautions. I have started temping so I can see (hopefully) when I get some kind of pattern going again.

I will let you know if I have any news.

7 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo