Community post

Discussion

Two Week Wait Of Agonizing AF Symptoms with Pregnancy Hope

Well here I am about to be 40 years old next year with a beautiful 15 month old son. My pregnancy with him was awesome despite the horrid triple quad screening they made me take due to my ahem... advanced aged. Which came back with 1:27 ration (yeah I was shook) but my amnio went on to show that everything was fine with baby. Delivery was smooth even though I delivered a month early via cesarean because my son was on a mission to come out asap and was in the breech position. Yet again that was nothing considering what everyone else around me was going though. In the end, I truly counted my blessings and was ready to do it again! Holla!

Well little did I know that once I got the ok to baby dance that our son would throw a monkey wrench into that. We were always sexually active up until I gave birth. But how can you get in the mood with the baby crying to eat, be changed, be entertained and wake up. Add to that, I was rocking the moo moo hard core with my hair looking a hot mess and some serious bags under my eyes. My poor fiancé was feeling it to so to say it was far and few we baby danced would be no exaggeration.

Then our son got into a nice routine and I found enough energy to clean myself up, make a better effort in my appearance and start working out again. I was feeling great and our love life was getting back on track. My period returned when my son was 5 months old so I was determined to make another baby. We didn't plan it out when I was ovulating because I didn't want to put any emphasis on trying and I wasn't even sure if I was ovulating.

You know its so true that things you want the most seem the hardest to materialize. It only took me 4 months to get pregnant with our son but again we were way more sexually active than we are now. I had hoped to be pregnant early this year so I could give birth before I turned 40 in January next year. Well thats obviously not going to happen and Ive now embraced the fact that I may be joining the ranks of Jennifer Gardner, Gwen Stefani, Halle Berry, etc. of having a baby in my 40s.

Last month I had a chemical pregnancy which rocked my world. We were super excited to be having another baby and give our son a sibling. When I started bleeding I was in a state of total disbelief. I went from a week of excitement to total devastation. It all seemed so surreal and it even made me question if I had been pregnant at all! My BFP had been faint even 5 days after my missed period and I started bleeding on cycle day 41! I did go to the doctors for a checkup and there was no gestational sac which is expected with a chemical pregnancy. Now here I am waiting for my damn period to come down and I just am so f'n tired of seeing blood. Its like enough already! Yet i refuse to give up and vent to anyone who'll listen. Thanks for listening.

3 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Replies

Sorry for your loss Ravenmickey. I've just been to a Naturopath and she has changed all my vitamins around, might be something your could try to give your body a boost.

I'm on:
A strong prenatal with activated folate (Thorne research prenatal off iherb.com)
Vitamin D3
Extra Vitamin B6
Extra magneisum
Extra zinc

9 years ago

Thanks OpalFoxy but I am going to continue doing the usual. I'm still breastfeeding so I have to be careful with what I take. Recently I just learned that if your breastfeeding but get your menses it makes things a little hairy with TTC. Once my son is fully weened (which should be soon) I am gonna explore options to help stabilize my hormones and get me back on track again.

9 years ago • Post starter

Thanks OpalFoxy but I am going to continue doing the usual. I'm still breastfeeding so I have to be careful with what I take. Recently I just learned that if your breastfeeding but get your menses it makes things a little hairy with TTC. Once my son is fully weened (which should be soon) I am gonna explore options to help stabilize my hormones and get me back on track again.

9 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo