Community post

Discussion

When to give up and move on?

Im at my breaking point. I am 35, TTC #1 and on my 11th cycle. Tests have come back fine, and i've even had an HSG a couple months ago. I know some have taken a lot longer but honestly have no clue how they find the strength and motivation. I am lucky enough to be married to my best friend of 15 years and wonder if its the worlds way of saying dont change a good thing??? Then my mind starts working and wonder maybe my bodies even telling me this isnt something I should do. I know when you get older your more at risk for health issues (mother AND child). I know a lot of women older than me are giving birth and TTC but really wonder about these things. I start thinking about things like retirement so I dont think I can handle TTC for much longer. Does anyone else have these thoughts......fears......

4 Replies • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 4 of 4 Replies

Sweetie, women aren't having babies just at 18 anymore. Women are waiting, becoming stable, and focusing on careers, and having babies in their 40's! I'm 31 and been trying going on 3 years in august. It's heart breaking every month, I know this, but nothing is going to keep me.from experiencing having a child with my husband! Sometimes it just takes a little longer these days! And it has nothing to do with age. There are women on this site that are in their 20's and have been trying for years! Your still young, it'll happen!!! Have you tried being put on clomid? It may help with a stronger ovulation and move things along! Don't t get discouraged, and don't think just because it hasn't happened quickly that it's not meant to be. Remember good things come to those who wait! And you will appreciate your blessing even more than some who can pop them out every year and not even want to be a parent!

Mill

8 years ago

Thank you for the kind words. I think it's just really hard because I over analze everything but the main reason I'm sure is my step daughter who is 19 and just came into our lives a year ago and moved in with us is now 7 months pregnant. Not financially stable, no man in the picture and is soooooo not ready and here we are 15 years of marriage, own our home, have savings and here it's been 11 months. Granted there's nothing wrong with people getting pregnant and not being "ready" but when I see stuff like that it's like why not me? Is fate against me? Then I start thinking about them going into school and everything thinking am I going to be a "senior" parent? My dr doesn't want to do clomid because all my labs have come back fine as well as my hsg. I have tried soy iso with no luck. This month my dr actually put me on progesterone. Who knows.

8 years ago • Post starter

I know it's hard.... Everyone that I know has been drinking out of the the pregnant water lately, everyone but me. Has your husband had his swimmers checked? It could be on his end. My husband after 2 ye at s had one done. Found out he has a very high count, but very low motility. So we can just wait it out , or do something to help. We are doing an iui this month to help his little swimmer out! Just don't give up. it will happen, just maybe not as fast as we'd like it too!

Mill

8 years ago

I understand what you are going through! I am lucky enough to have had three loses, and have been seriously TTC for what now 20 months? My stepdaughter got KU at 18 and now I am a 36 yo grandma!!! I choose to laugh most days, but some days the panic sets in. Just keep your chin up and keep in mind your goals!

MMC 12/2000 D&C Molar pregnancy 12/2001 MMC 1/2015 D&C mosaic turners 3/16 Laparascopic cystectomy, Unilateral salpingo-oophorectomy 4/16 Femara no response 5/16, 6/16 Femara + gonal f + novarel or some combo =BFN 7/16 Gonal f only and trigger. IUI #1 8w no heart beat D&C triploidy

7 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo