Community post

Discussion

IVF here we come?

Long story short, DH has low sperm motility. Like....very low. Less than 1% low (SA performed 2x to be sure after 1 year and 4 months of trying). All other numbers seem to be ok and I've checked out ok. (Just had an HSG and a vag. ultra sound last friday. Should have O'd today but negative OPK....but that's a story for another time) All of my tests show that everything that should be happening with me is, ovulating at the right time, the right amount of hormones throughout the month, egg is able to reach uterus ok, no cysts, etc. DH recently began taking Fertalaid. He has extremely high cholesterol and blood pressure for someone his age, but unfortunately it runs in his family and he needs to remain on his meds. OBGYN referred us to a fertility clinic so just waiting for a call back to make appointments, etc. I guess I don't know what my question is but hoping for some support/success stories? Sometimes I think we should just chill and wait to see if nature (along with fertalaid) will take it's course. BUT, I am 30 (and 1/2 to be specific) and DH is 31, so we aren't getting any younger. We don't have a ton of money to throw at this so we are hoping we will be able to take out a loan. Just very nervous about this whole thing. A donor is not an option for us. I (we) will not spend the rest of our lives wondering who's eyes/nose/double jointed thumbs our child has. Hubby put it on the table because he wants me to be able to experience pregnancy, but I quickly took it off. If it's not both of us, then it's not an option. Any support is appreciated and thanks for reading :-)

1 Reply • 7 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 1 of 1 Replies

Or any IUI success stories would also be appreciated :-) Sounds like that's a rarity I guess but hoping for some light at the end of the tunnel that doesn't have to end in ivf....

7 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo