Community post

Discussion

Positive faint line but then disappeared!!

Hi all, newby here. So, I'm 10 dpo today and been having a few symptoms so did a test this am (hoping to see a positive) using my first urine. Saw a positive! Only it went/disappeared after 10 mins! The line came up practically straight away. My hubby (to be) saw it too. How can this be? Has anyone had this happen? Used a dip test, the stick ones. Feeling all over the place now...

7 Replies • 7 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 7 of 7 Replies

So it looks like I'm talking to myself now (nothing new there...lol) but I tested again (after holding my pee for 5 hours!) and am sure there's a faint line!!! And it's stayed this time. Omg. I don't want to get my hopes up just yet... Will test in the morning. Just hoping and praying all is well. I'm so nervous. But excited too!

First line we've seen since we lost our Bean (ectopic) two years ago!

7 years ago • Post starter

Hey zoey.. Did you take a pic of it. What kind of pregnancy test did you use?

The first one sounded like an evap (it appears and then disappears)

Try not to drink anything before you test..

Since you are 10dpo its still early I would go get a 6 day sooner htp and test with your FMU.

Praying for baby number 3!

7 years ago

Oh hi Miam1324! Thanks for replying.

I've been using the pound dip tests, they're quite sensitive. Was spending a fortune on them so stocked up on these. I definitely will go get a first response tomorrow! Af is due Friday. I really didn't expect to see any line as I feel all crampy and achy, much like period pains. Hope it stays away!

I have taken pics as soon as the line came up! Only thing is I'm totally new to this...normally a lurker! Let me see if I can suss it out...! Lol.

7 years ago • Post starter

If you still have a few of those HPT left just test with that if you feel like they are sensitive enough. You should see it progressively get darker everyday. Good luck hun let me know how it goes!!

7 years ago

Good luck Zoey!!!

7 years ago

Hi,
You don't get evaps straight away and they are a shadow grey line not pink. Good luck with your first response, hope you get your
As for af cramps, I got them all through my expected period when pregnant with my ds, they are perfectly normal.
Let us know how you get on

7 years ago

Zoey did test again?

7 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo