Community post

Discussion

OPK positive yesterday. Sex yesterday - Was it too late?

So, I got a positive OPK yesterday morning (Digital one). We had sex yesterday around 10 pm when my husband came home from work.

Today I keep getting positive OPK's too (Still digital) and I have read that it can stay positive for two days.

I have 2 questions for you ladies:

1. Was it too late for us to have sex on the very same day the OPK turned positive?
My husband wasn't home for 2 days prior to that so we had sex saturday and then yesterday on tuesday. I know saturday was probably way off but could we still get pregnant having sex yesterday or was it too late?

I'm wondering because I have read that you should have sex 1-2 days BEFORE ovulation.

2. When does the ovulation actually occur? Is it when the OPK turn negative again?

1 Reply • 7 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 1 of 1 Replies

Hi Zvjezda,

Here is my understanding of it...
Opks test for a luteinising hormone surge.. when the OPK is positive this usually indicates ovulation will occur in the next 12 to 24hours. It is a good idea to have sex in days leading up to ovulation (this is difficult to predict) as sperm can take a little while to swim up to the fallopian tube to wait for the egg. Sperm can survive for up to 5-7 days in a fertile environment though and an egg can survive for 12-24 hours after ovulation so your timing may have been perfect. Fingers crossed and best wishes

Hth...

7 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo