Community post

Discussion

First doctors apointment

Anyone notice just how cold and distant the first doctors apointment can come across? Maybe its just me I mean i am young and all but still.... You go in just for them to tell you what you already know which is that you are indeed pregnant. then they ask you what your plans are... for me Im keeping it but then they tell you " you know you have options" " your sooo young" " Have you thought about TERMINATION" i mean seriously its like i just told you im keeping it so why are you making me, who already is highly emotional, cry because your asking me if im sure i dont want to kill my child. Seriously? I mean I understant they have to tell you you have opions but enough is enough...

1 Reply • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 1 of 1 Replies

The first visit doesn't always have to be bad. I would suggest, if you are unhappy with your OB that you should shop around now and look into switching OB's so you are happy throughout your pregnancy.
When I was pregnant with #1 I didn't even know shopping around was an option :-P and I went with an OB that my Gyno suggested and I didn't like them. I ended up rotating through EVERY doctor in the place and didn't know which doctor would actually deliver my baby. The doctor I did end up having I HATED and she had no bedside manner. Had I known then what I know now...
This time I found a doctor who is an OB/GYN so I already have a history with them and it is SO much nicer. They are also affiliated with a hospital already, where the office is, and so it is super easy do to classes/tours of the facility! I would defiantly suggest shopping around for a Dr. if you are unhappy.

Good luck and sticky vibes! That baby is gonna have an awesome mommy :)

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo