Community post

Discussion

TTC #3 Clomid & Progesterone

What an emotional roller coaster! My husband and I have been blessed with 2 healthy children easy to conceive < 4 mo both times. I am 32 yo and we have been TTC#3 for about 14 mo. Bloodwork showed that my progesterone is low although U/S showed that I am ovulating. Dr Rx on 50mg Clomid days 5-9. I am currently on my second round. My Dr told me to take the Clomid and then 5 d after ovulation start taking the hpt's ... everyday. Everyday! BC of my low progesterone she wants to catch the pregnancy early and then start on oral progesterone once I get a bfp. It's very heart breaking to take a test everyday and getting a bfn..... not to mention getting expensive. I am currently 10dpo... starting to loose hope. mainly bc I feel guilty for wanting another kid when I have 2. ... I have friends that are having a heck of a time TTC #1. A couple of questions MB someone can answer 1) does Clomid have any effect on progesterone levels? 2) How the heck does one stay positive?!

Thanks for reading! baby dust to you :)

3 Replies • 7 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Replies

Hi!

I'm sorry you are going through all this... I feel your pain. While I am not a doctor, it is my understanding that yes, clomid can impact progesterone levels. It makes for a stronger ovulation and therefore higher progesterone, although I assume that is different in all women. I don't understand why your doctor wouldn't start you on progesterone anyway??? I thought that your progesterone would need to be high enough to aid implantation???? Again - not a doctor so I could be off base but? I hope you get your BFP soon... it's so hard to see the stark white tests over and over :( Good luck!

7 years ago

That was my argument too... to aid implantion :). thanks for the input!

7 years ago • Post starter

hello kate 6469!
I understand what you mean!It is a roller coaster!
Me and my husband are triyng for a second child.
I want to suggest triyng to buy online for pregnancy tests.
I do it along with opk.It is alot cheaper.
Good luck!

7 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo