Community post

Discussion

Calling all Clomid/IUI "newbies"! CD6 looking for buddies :)

View Full Post

We have been TTC for 17 months now. This is our first cycle on Clomid and IUI so I'm excited to see what happens. Totally new to all this so if anyone has any input I'd ove to hear it- or if anyone is as anxious and nervous as I am... vent it out! :) Although I've been a long time lurker here, I am VERY new to posting on these forums. I am 27yo, Unexplained infertility so far with only very mild endo seen on laparoscopy. DH's counts are great, my tubes are clear, It's just not happening... So frustrating! I just took my second pill of clomid today. Just waiting to ovulate and I have no idea when that will be. Fingers crossed for everyone.

31 Replies • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

11 - 20 of 31 Replies | Last Page

Whoops I meant 5dpiui!

8 years ago • Post starter

Hi there! Hope you are doing well and are surviving the horrid tww. I have some good news. I got my bfp today! This morning I took a hpt in order to prepare myself in case it was bad news and saw a faint line. Showed it to DH and he saw it too but told him I wouldn't believe it till I heard from the RE. My beta came back at 71. They said they like the number to be over 30 at 12dpiui so I'm happy with that news. I go back friday to see how my numbers are doubling. After two miscarriages I am of course super nervous but trying to remain positive.

Fingers crossed for a sticky bean!

8 years ago

Aaaah!! Yay!!! That is so exciting! I am hoping I'm right behind you ;) i had my progesterone tested at 5dpo- it was 15. They said that was excellent- so I DID ovulate. I've been avoiding inflammatory foods carefully for the endo so fingers crossed the little bean makes it to implantation!! Congratulations :)

8 years ago • Post starter

Hi! So I have more good news to share. My HSG went from 71 to 244 which is a 26 hour doubling time! Because my blood work was so good I don't need to go for more blood work. Now I wait till I'm 6.5 weeks for an early ultrasound so around 5/25. Keep your fingers crossed for a sticky bean! I'm feeling positive but nervous.

Hope things are well on your end and your getting through the 2ww. You're halfway there!

7 years ago

I am SO happy to hear that! That's excellent. Fingers crossed for you! I have some good news as well, I came home from a trip to NY today visiting family and I'd been having some symptoms which I of course blamed on the Clomid... But as I sortof have a tendency to lean towards dramatic... I thought Mother's Day would be a good day to test... 10DPO and I couldn't believe it, BFP!!! I was soooo expecting to be disappointed like the last 18 months, but BIG FAT POSITIVE on a digital. There's no denying it. :) I'm a little in denial still but it is sinking in. I guess I'll call the RE tomorrow!

7 years ago • Post starter

That's wonderful news! Congratulations! So excited for you. Have you had a beta drawn yet? Sticky vibes being sent your way!

7 years ago

Yes- they drew it today but I won't get the results till tomorrow. Whew and I thought after bfp I'd be DONE waiting haha ;)

Ok so the beta came back at 24. She said this was normal for such an early test (11dpo). Progesterone was 30 which she said was excellent. I cant help but worry...If i took a digital riteaid brand test 16hrs prior, I would THINK it would need to be 25 to even register... (I can't seem to find the sensitivity stats for the RiteAid Digital test) so that has me worried that it's not doubling :( I am probably overthinking this...but I can't help it. I think I will take a few more tests tonight to put my mind at ease ;) if they are negative...well then I have my answer. I am to retest hcg tomorrow and Friday since this result is so early. Hope you are doing well!

Hi there! I'm not sure what the sensitivity is on those tests. I can tell you that my clinic likes the 1st beta to be at least 30 at 12dpiui and you were almost there at 11dpiui. The first number doesn't matter too much as long as it is doubling so tomorrow it should be 48 or higher. Fingers crossed and good luck. Trust me I know how nerve wracking this is with 2 previous miscarriages under my belt.

I was having some anxiety this morning but overall I'm doing well. Did some meditation when I got home from work today and that has helped a lot. Still counting down to my ultrasound for when I'm 6w5d. Once I see a heartbeat I will breathe a little easier as the chance for miscarriage goes down quite significantly once you've seen the heartbeat.

Sticky vibes all around!

7 years ago

Because I am a crazy person, I retested yesterday at the same time as Sunday with the same type test (rite aid digital) and also with an frer. Big fat dark line with the FRER, and then when comparing the lines on the digitals (broke them open) the line was DEFINTELY twice as dark. So that gave me some relief at least until tomorrow when I get today's blood test results. I agree, I will feel much better when I see that heartbeat! Good that you are meditating. I feel like I should start going to the yoga class at my gym. Just something to de-stress. You're almost to that ultrasound, just hang in there! :)

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo