Community post

Discussion

Calling all Clomid/IUI "newbies"! CD6 looking for buddies :)

We have been TTC for 17 months now. This is our first cycle on Clomid and IUI so I'm excited to see what happens. Totally new to all this so if anyone has any input I'd ove to hear it- or if anyone is as anxious and nervous as I am... vent it out! :) Although I've been a long time lurker here, I am VERY new to posting on these forums. I am 27yo, Unexplained infertility so far with only very mild endo seen on laparoscopy. DH's counts are great, my tubes are clear, It's just not happening... So frustrating! I just took my second pill of clomid today. Just waiting to ovulate and I have no idea when that will be. Fingers crossed for everyone.

31 Replies • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 10 of 31 Replies | Last Page

Hi there! There is an IUI/IVF forum you are welcome to join for support. I have found it to be really comforting. I'm a newbie to this fertility treatment as well. I also have unexplained fertility though I am 35 so maybe my age has something to do with it. I did get pregnant once naturally after 18 months of trying but was diagnosed with a blighted ovum at 9 weeks and had a D&C. I had my first IUI in January, got a BFP, but ended up miscarrying in February. Took March off because the RE clinic is 3 hours away and dh didn't have time to give a sample to freeze so I am doing my second IUI this month. The clomid thinned my lining so this month I took letrazole. After my midcycle ultrasound yesterday my IUI is tentavely scheduled for Saturday though if I have a positive OPK tomorrow or Thursday the day of IUI will change. If not I will trigger Thursday night. I hope that's what I end up doing because them dh can come with me and we can use a fresh instead of frozen sample. Let's hope my body cooperates!

Good luck to you!

8 years ago

Thanks, I will definitely check out the forum! Glad I'm not the only newbie here. Sorry to hear about January :( we are about an hour from the RE- just far enough away to be a real inconvenience with us both getting off work... I'm sortof just hoping it falls on a weekend. Fingers crossed you get to trigger on Thursday.

8 years ago • Post starter

Hi there! Just thought I'd give you an update. My IUI is going to be tomorrow. I had a positive opk this morning (CD13). In a way I'm not surprised. Last month when we tried naturally I had positive opk CD 13 as well so at least I'm consistent. I'm a little nervous because last IUI I was able to trigger before my surge but this time I am surging naturally. (Not that it's necessarily a bad thing I just know the timing was right last time.) I hope the timing is still good and that my follicles grew enough. I asked the nurse that I spoke to and she said tomorrow should be good timing. DH and I dtd yesterday and will again day of IUI and day after so hopefully that will be enough.

8 years ago

So DH will be able to come with you? That sounds like perfect timing to me! My opks have been consistently CD 18-22. No idea what will happen with the Clomid though. Taking my last pill tonight... Not really noticing any side effects yet which is good, i think. I would feel a lot better having a trigger but I don't think I have the option this month. Fingers crossed that our bodies do what they are supposed to!

No he's not able to come. :-( If I had a negative this morning I would've had a trigger shot and then IUI on Saturday but because I was positive opk this morning I don't do the trigger shot and have my IUI tomorrow instead. Unfortunately with DH's job he can't just take off with short notice. He needs to give about 6 weeks notice. At least we have a frozen sample that we can use which is what I had to do thwith first time and it technically worked see as I got pregnant but miscarried. Fingers crossed for both of us.

Glad you're not having side effects. I had some headaches and was a little emotional but nothing too bad. When is your midcycle ultrasound?

8 years ago

Oh, ok. Hope the IUI went ok. If I remember correctly (which i hope I did, although there was a TON of information to absorb at the visit) my first office visit was right before ovulation, and they did an ultrasound then, but I don't think I will be having one before ovulation this month. They said to call when I get the positive OPK, they will do the IUI, and then a week later do an ovary check and progesterone to see how the I responded to the Clomid. I wonder if that's normal... Kinda crazy since I ovulate on my own, and unsure how i react to the Clomid, I have no idea how many follicles there might be when they do the IUI. BUT the doctor REALLY seemed like he knew his stuff so I'm guessing it'll be fine. My body will probably attack both my eggs and his swimmers due to the endometriosis immune response. :/ BUT multiple follicles means more chances so staying positive.

Hey there! IUI went well. DH's sperm unfroze well and we ended up with 20 million after the wash with good motility (though I forget the percentage.) Now in the dreaded 2ww. Trying to relax. I'm going for acupuncture tomorrow and will be doing yin and restorative yoga classes throughout these 2 weeks. The clinic is having me go in for a beta when I'm 12dpiui which will be next Wednesday.

As for not having an ultrasound I'm sure every clinic is different in how they do things. My clinic does a baseline ultrasound between CD 1-3 to look at antral follicle count and make sure there are no cysts and then a midcycle ultrasound. They also have me start OPKS around CD 9 or 10. My midcycle ultrasound is done at CD 10 as I tend to ovulate on the earlier side. My first IUI when I was on Clomid I had two follicles at 19mm and then a few smaller ones. They decided to trigger me that night so that I would have the IUI 36 hours later and they wanted me to ovulate with the nice large follicles. This cycle on the femara, I had one follicle measuring 15.7 and a second at 12.7 so they needed to "cook" a little longer. Apparently follicles tend to grow at 1-2mm a day so they had me continue with the OPKs until Thurs (CD13) and if it was still negative they were going to trigger me that night and IUI would've been 36 hours later, but because it was positive Thursday morning we moved the IUI to the following day. They also like to monitor and make sure I don't hyperovulate which can happen on these medications or develop cysts. So far so good on that end with me.

How are things going? Any side effects from the meds? Have you had positive OPK yet?

8 years ago

Glad it went well! Those numbers sound good!
I had my positive opk this morning, they had me come in for IUI at 3:00 today. His numbers and motility were great, but I was SERIOUSLY disappointed to find out there was only one mature follicle. it WAS nice and big though...I could be wrong but it seemed to me the entire purpose of the clomid (in my case with endometriosis) was to create more follicles to increase my chances. Maybe IUI will help on it's own, or maybe the egg is stronger, but I'm feeling more depressed and helpless than ever today. The doctor who did the IUI wasn't the same one I saw initially and he didn't tell me one way or the other if one egg was ok or not- he didnt really seem to know the details of my chart which is understandable, but he didn't really put me at ease. Anyway, I am to do a progesterone test in a week, and then follow up in two weeks. So here comes the tww. Hoping I feel better tomorrow. Maybe the Clomid is making me weepy.

As they say it only takes one! So one egg can definitely do it. More than one follicle would increase the chances a bit more cause there's more than one target for the sperm and more of a chance at least one egg will implant. But like I said it just takes one. I think the IUI itself is helpful because with the sperm wash it's the strongest sperm they are using and the sperm doesn't have to travel as far. I joke with DH that maybe his swimmers get lost. lol

My clinic recommends bding the day of IUI and the day after so if you're up for it go for it! That way there be even more swimmers up there. :-)

Good luck with your tww. It feels so long. I'm 5dpiui and it feels like the days are going so slow. I had my first acupuncture appt today and while I'm not sure if it helped she was happy to see me at this time because she said the acupuncture could help with implantation and hormone levels. If anything it at least help to keep me relaxed which is helpful. Going to a restorative yoga class tonight too.

Baby dust to you and keep me posted. I go for a beta 12dpiui so next Wednesday. Yikes!

8 years ago

Thanks for the positive vibes! I am feeling more positive today- just trying to eat healthy and stay stress-free. NOT easy!! ;) I am 4dpiui and I swear this is the longest 2ww i have ever had. I feel like I should try the acupuncture or massage therapy or something to help me relax. I will have to see if it's covered by my insurance- i think it is. Anyway hope things are good on your end!

7 years ago • Post starter

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo