Community post

Discussion

Cramping and Burning - No AF

I dropped my BC 2 weeks ago after it caused consistent bleeding for 4 months. AF should show this week but my cycle may be unpredictable considering I've only been off BC for 2 weeks.

Yesterday, I had fairly strong cramping and internal twinges that made me think my period was coming. Inserted a tampon - bone dry. Have a persistent heavy feeling there today.

Other symptoms:

- Full-feeling breasts (intermittent shooting pains)
- Bloating and gas pain in lower abdomen
- Exhaustion; notably more tired (fell asleep in car)
- Some lower back and hip pain, but very on and off

No nausea, no dizziness, CM is non-existent (unusual for me). Appetite stronger than usual, but that could be PMS.

In a nutshell: Not sure if I'm technically early or late, but the cramping w/no AF threw me a curve ball. I'm fine with either outcome (two kids and we weren't trying), but thought I'd ask for some insight.

Thanks!

1 Reply • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 1 of 1 Replies

I stopped nuvaring right after Thanksgiving and i would have bet my last dollar i immediately got pregnant. I had every symptom in the book (and the internet, lol). had no clue if or when ovulation had taken place, but due to the symptoms i just knew i was pregnant. Didn't know when my cycle would have started once i stopped nuvaring, so i had no idea when to possibly test, so i spent a ridiculous amount of money, only to be NOT pregnant. It may be your body adjusting to life without the birth control, that's causing your symptoms. Or, you could actually be pregnant, it's really hard to tell, just wanted to offer my experience so you don't feel alone. This month, im back in the same boat, except i have a better idea of ovulation and cycle dates, so i know when to test.

best of luck either way.!

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo