Community post

Discussion

Need an obsessing partner! ;)

Hey all, I'm 7 DPO and am going insane! I am quite shamed to admit, but I've taken 3 or 4 early tests already...even though I'm quite sure it's pointless! lol. I keep buying them and then sneaking them in because my bf already thinks I'm being crazy! hehe. Someone please stop me from taking another!

109 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 10 of 109 Replies | Last Page

Lol! That's nothing! I'm 7dpo as well and my bathroom looks like a negative pregnancy test graveyard. At least 10 tests. Mine are mostly internet cheapie strips so I'm not worried about wasting them. My husband rolls his eyes every time I go to the bathroom because he knows I'm taking another test. Oh, the obsession.

I'll totally wait with you. I could use a buddy to squint with.

User Image WE WANNA SEE THE BFP...GO...LIKE...THIS..... Dang it, BFP! Show up for all of us, already!

9 years ago

That's too funny! I'm now 12dpo, with 5 BFNs. I have an addiction. I allow myself to buy 7 dollar store tests a month and try to ration myself! I'm even convinced this month that I'm not pregnant because I have no symptoms, which is really weird because I can usually convince myself I'm nauseous at the very least. Usually I can conjure up a few pregnancy symptoms that validate (in my mind) my need for multiple tests. I figure the husband already thinks I'm crazy with all the obsessing about dpo and bbt, etc...a few more peed on sticks isn't going to make me look any more sane. Good luck to you girls-

9 years ago

I feel like a total outcast... I'm actually terrified to poas! I just get so crushed when I see that BFN every time... :-(

Are you all TTC naturally?

My DH was diagnosed with cancer last year, and he's completely infertile. So we're using a donor and this is our second month of medicated IUI... 6dpo and the bloating is almost unbearable. I feel like I should be wearing maternity clothes already to accommodate the belly!

9 years ago

Mrs Carper, You are not an outcast...you're very smart. I just took another one, and no matter which way I turn it it's still a stupid negative! I want to yell and the stick!! I shouldn't be so upset though, last time it only showed a BFP 2 days before my period and it's still 3. So I'm gonna try not to cry :( Bloating sounds very promising! That was my very first sign last time. Good luck!

9 years ago • Post starter

Hi Harriet! Well glad to hear that I'm not the only one who appears crazy to their sig other! I can't ever wait to buy the ones at the dollar store...I need to test early so I buy those silly expensive ones. Grrr. When is your period due?

I m 9 dpo and have got 12 bfns hehe

9 years ago

whenever I got for shoping first I buy 15 to 20 strips every months so u are not alone I think all women on ttc are crazy like this haha me too

9 years ago

Kkimke!!! Don't waste your money! I bought the expensive "early result" tests for a long time until I read an article and researched it- the sensitivity is the exact same for the dollar store and other leading brands like first response. It's even more sensitive than some brands like clearblue easy! This was my obsessing at its finest. The only drawback to the dollar store ones is that you don't really pee on a stick- you have to pee in a cup and use a dropper. I have a lot less guilt about my compulsive testing when they are a dollar each.

As for my period, it's late! I was due for af on Saturday, still with negative tests today. I'm not getting excited yet- Too many let downs.

Are you having any pregnancy symptoms yet?

9 years ago

Mrs carper, Uggh! The iui! I didn't do the IUI but I didn the hormones one month- I had so many hormone side effects that felt like pregnancy symptoms! And I was Waaayy more emotional than usual. You're a tough chick for going through that! Bloating sounds promising to me! Fingers crossed and lots of baby dust!

9 years ago

Hey HH! Funny that you say that, someone said the exact same thing to me in the drugstore today! Of course after I bought the last batch..lol. You're late?! Yayyyy!!! I'm not even close! This has been the slowest week ever! I'm not getting my hopes up, even if I do get a positive. I have had one unexplained miscarriage and a partial molar. I find it hard to believe that I'll actually make the 3 month mark. I've had a few symptoms. The main one is lack of appetite and having everything gross me out. I can't even handle holding my bf's hand because I can picture all these germs on it. The only other time I had this was when I was pregnant. And my poor bf! I was sooooooooooooo angry at him yesterday, for no reason at all. I couldn't even stand to look at his face! lol.

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo