Community post

Discussion

Someone, anyone...

Okay, I've been lurking for a LONG TIME. Almost a year. My husband and I aren't actively TTC but we're finally in a place where we'd be thrilled to have one. I haven't been taking my BBT or anything like that, but I've monitored my CM and dates incredibly closely. I have it down to an art, practically. I can predict my AF within a few hours. Mostly due to us never using BC and playing it safe for the last 9 years.

I'm normally right on schedule with AF, the last few years cramps start within the first 24 hours after first bleeding. I get slightly sore bbs and gas and bloating like I'm a balloon. This cycle was different. I'm officially TWO days late, 15 dpo. I've had sore bbs off and on in the upper parts and just to the upper outer sides for a week, plus swollen off and on. No nipple color change though. In the last few days I get small bursts of waves of nausea, passing within seconds and never resulting in me getting sick, but no smell aversions or hunger pangs. This morning I had MAJOR cramps like AF was staring but nothing. Now they've stopped and I have nothing to show for it. Also my bbs have been less sore today than the last few days. I've also had diarrhea the last three days mostly in the AM. No spotting, mostly yellow sticky snot like cm the last few days.

So here's my dilemma. I've taken four HPTs and all negative, not even blips or evaps. I just want to make sure I'm not thinkng this is more than nothing. I'm no spring chicken. My DH and I have been together for a long time, taken our time to get married (met later in life, dated forever, but just hitched a lil over two years ago) and we are that last couple who have no kids or has actively wanted kids of all our friends. SO, now that we're ready, I'm obsessing like a madwoman which I realize can be normal. ;) I think this is the first time there's been potential that I'll be really sad if it turns out to be nothing. I think that means we're officially wanting kids. It's a touchy subject with our cam and we've been keeping the fact that we officially want kids a secret because we didn't want to get everyone's hopes up or be bombarded constantly about having them. We have pretty much said it wasn't for us. Our little secret for our sanity. If you can't tell, we're pretty low drama, low key and homebodies.

Am I reading into the signs more than I should be or does this sound like something? I just need confirmation that I'm not making this more than it should be. ANY insight would be helpful. I would really just like someone to talk to. Bounce thoughts back and forth. I see a LOT of unanswered posts on the boards as I've lurked the last year and I hope to build a good friendship with anyone.

6 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 6 of 6 Replies

I have never had a false negative nor a false positive. But they do exist, that's why they don't say 100% accuracy. I say your best bet it to wait til you are 5 days late, test again, if it is stil, negative call your doctor,.he/she may be willing to do a blood test.
I had normal cycles for years, aleays 27 days, but in this last year, suddenly my cycles are as prediticable as a teenage girl's mood. Some have been 45 days and others 21 days.
Were you on any medication for the last few weeks? Some meds can throw your cycle off. Even ones that have nothing to do with female stuff.I was taking prednisone for a few months for arthritis which is what threw me off track. My hope is to work with my ob/gyn to get my hormones back on track.
So ultimately, call your doctor and get their advice.
Best of luck!

User Image

9 years ago

I guess I'm jumping the gun. LOL. I'm not on any meds. I don't like taking anything because I'm one of the few that seems to get every side effect so it's kind of not a choice for me. I haven't changed workout frequency, or stress levels either. Just kind of unnerved by the odd symptoms and no AF.

Called the Dr and they won't test unless I'm at leat ten days late without a positive so I guess I need to wait it out.

Thank you for your response!! It's much appreciated. Truly.

9 years ago • Post starter

With my first, it took until 19 dpo to get a BFP so its definitely possible. With my second I got a BFP at 9 dpo. It really just depends on when implantation happened and how much hormone is being released.
On the other hand, I know I have had wacky cycles where I was late and convinced I was prego, only to have AF show up a week late. Our body likes to play mean tricks on us, especially when we really want it to be a BFP!
Good luck to you! I hope you end up getting a late BFP this time!

~Liz~ DH 24 ME 23 User Image

9 years ago

Thank you! I'm glad to hear I'm not just letting it get to my head irrationally!

I'm thinking it's just a REALLY late AF that's out of the norm. At least that's what I'm telling myself so I'm not too disappointed. All other symptoms have stopped by this evening aside from still being late. I find it absolutely amazing that our bodies can practically shift on a dime. Such an interesting system.

I'll def update the thread with any updates! Thank you both, ladies and good luck to you too!

Well, long story short, I started a few days late, but it was a weird beginning to a cycle.

Really watery like pink spotting for the first few hours and then just INTENSE watery bright red and heavy flow throughout the following 24 hours. I worry something is wrong because AF is normally heavy and thick for the first day and this has never happened. I normally don't soak through a whole pad within an hour. The odd thing is it wasn't mostly blood but almost like EWCM mixed with fresh blood. Not dark at all.

So, TMI, but I wanted to update to see if 1: anyone has experienced this and 2: because I said I would and don't want to start off my first interaction on the board with just dropping off the face of the earth. ;)

I would say it's pretty normal. I've had CM mixed in with the initial blood when AF started. Could be your hormones are a bit off this month. Things can change if you decide to exercise more, if you arent sleeping, if you are stressed...or any number of things. If it is just a one time thing I wouldn't worry...but if it continues to happen then you should see your doctor just to be safe. I'm sorry it wasn't a BFP for you! :(

~Liz~ DH 24 ME 23 User Image

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo